Sunday 13 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Anger drives the person insane, and shameless

 



Chapter – 232-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Anger drives the person insane, and shameless

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, where do I go and take shelter other than your doorstep? Oh! Dheenabandhu/savior of the distressed souls, you have promised to your devotees to protect them from the Samsara Sagara, you are the protector of the Universe and the living and non-living things,  you are the clever savior of the distraught, you are that precious gem ‘Chinthamani’ to your ardent devotees. Oh! Prabho, the impurities of the mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara are the sinners like Kauravas. Oh! Karunamaya/mercy personified, my intellect resembles Devi Dhraupadhi who was humiliated in the large assembly of Kauravas, tired of the sufferings and grief of worldly existence, kindly listen to my cries, and protect me from the Thapathraya/three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, my anger drove me insane, like the Dhusshasan who seized Devi Dhraupadhi on her hair and tried to remove her clothes in the large assembly, my anger has driven me shameless and pathetic. Oh! Prabho, I am like that Dhritharashtra who was born blind and ignorant. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, my intellect is your female servant, hence the deities, humans, Sages, and Rishis are not willing to liberate me from the sufferings of worldly existence, I am helpless, kindly protect me from Samsarasagara.”


Ab Ghau Kahau  Kaun  Dhar Jau | Thuma Jagapala Chathur Chinthamani Dheenabandhu Suni Nau || Maya Kapata Juva Kaurav Suth Lobha Moha Madha Bhari | Parabas Pari Sunau Karunamaya Mama  Mathi Thiya Ab Hari || Krodha Dhusasana Gahe Laj Pat Sarb Andhagathi Meri | Sur Nara Muni Koau Nikata Na Aavath Sur Samujji Hari Cheri ||