Monday 28 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion, and complete surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to remove the grief of worldly existence and repeated births

 



Chapter – 247-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion, and complete surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to remove the grief of worldly existence and repeated births

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sarangadhar who is wielding in powerful bow Saranga, I am worn out of three kinds of grief of worldly existence, I am horrified of watching the infinite worldly matters of fleeting nature, I am helpless, kindly shower your compassionate grace and protect me. Oh! Prabho, I have not practiced devotion or worship of your lotus feet, I did not sing in praise of your glorious legends, or I did not observe austerities, Japa, Thapa, Dhyanam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Ahimsa, Astheyam, Arjjavam, Swadhyaya, celibacy, etc. Oh! Sri Hari, I have been soaked in material and physical pleasures, thereby hurling into the different wombs as Airborn, water-born, and Earthborn, and getting attached to the body I have assumed, eventually pushing into constant grief and agony of worldly existence. Oh! Prabho, I have performed countless auspicious, inauspicious, and a mixture of both kinds of Karma/actions, the emissaries of Lord Yama beating me to death counting the evil Karmas performed while living in each body, in fact, the emissaries too bored of watching me keep hurling into different Yonis and performing wicked deeds and ending up in the hell. Oh! Krishna, you have liberated the demons Keshi, Dhenukasura, Vrishabhasura, Pralambasura, Dhenukasura, Poothana, and the dobby who refused to serve with the clothes of Kamsa, Mushtikasura, Malla, Chanoora, etc. you have liberated the twice-born Ajamila, and Ganika/prostitute, who were not grave sinners like me, Oh! Sri Hari, you have forgotten me completely, I have performed various sins by word, deed, and mind, I have no one to protect me, I shall surrender at your lotus feet, kindly protect me.”

 

Sri Nath Sarangadhar! Kripa Kari Dheena Par Darath Bhavathrasa Thau Rakhi Leejai | Nahi Japa Nahi Thapa Nahi Sumiran Bhajan Sarana Aaye Ki Ab Laj Keejai || Jeeva Jala Thala Jithe Besh Dhari Dhari Thithe Atal Dhurgama Agama Achala Bhare | Musala Mudhgara Hanath Thribidha Karmani Ganath Mohi Dhandath Gharma Dhooth Hare || Brishabha Kesi Pralamba Dhenikasura Poothana Rajaka Chanoorase Dhushta Thare | Ajamila Ganika Thai Kaha Mei Ghati Kiyau Thuma Jo Ab Sur Chith Thai Bisare ||