Monday 21 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind drive away truthfulness, righteousness, kindness, discipline and austerities

 



Chapter – 236-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The impurities of mind drive away truthfulness, righteousness, kindness, discipline and austerities


Sri Suradas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I am drenched in worldly matters of infinite sound, appearance, touch, passion, and smell. I have married an intolerable and wicked woman like an impure mind drenched in lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. The Dharma/righteousness and Sathya/truthfulness resemble my parents, I have driven them off with my wickedness. The wisdom/Gnana and knowledge/Vigyana/Vichara are my brothers, I have created enmity with them too. The kindness/Dhayaroopi resemble my sister, I have fought with them, and they ran away with fear. The disciplines/Sheela and Santhosham/happiness are my friends, I have befriended them too. The Kapat/deceitfulness and Lobh/wickedness are the two brothers of Asharoopi /lustful wicked woman whom I have married, and these two brothers have taken complete control of my house.  These two awful brothers have expanded their kingdom with their two sisters Thrishna/illusion and Dheenatha/pity. Oh! Prabho, the wicked lustful woman/desire/ is shameless, atrocious, inauspicious, and is wandering all over the Samsara, she is still young and never gets tired of visiting the homes of others, I have reached the later years of age, my limbs are fragile, my senses are weak, my movements are restricted, my limbs are cooperating with the mind. Oh! Prabho, my desires are endless, although I have reached the later years of age my desire for worldly matters has not faded, my senses are not satisfied yet. I have committed several sins married to the Asharoopi woman/DESIRE, and often pushed myself into extreme grief and agony, and it brought disgrace to me. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless to protect myself from the attachment to worldly matters, none of them could provide permanent bliss, either I get bored of them, or they get bored of me, hence I have constantly thrown into Thapathraya/three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, why are you laughing at me? Kindly remove the sufferings of worldly existence.”


Hari  Hau Maha Adhama  Samsari | Aan Samujja Mei  Baritha Byahi Asa Kumathi Kunari || Dharmasaththa Mere Mathupitha The Dhoau Dhiye Bidari | Jjana Bibeka Birodhe Dhoau Hathe Bandhu Hithakari || Bandhyau Baira Dhaya Bhagini Sau Bhagi Dhuri Su Bichari | Seela Santhosh Sakha Dhoau Mere Thinhai Bigovathi Bhari || Kapata Lobha Vake  Dhoau Bhaiyya The Ghar Ke Adhikari | Thrishna  Bahini Dheenatha Sahachari Adhika Preethi Bisthari || Athi Nisanka Nirlajja Abhagini Ghar Ghar Phiratha Na  Hari | Mei Thau Bridhdha Bhayau Vaha Tharuni Sadha Bayas Ikasari || Thake Bas  Mei Bahu Dhukha Payau Sobha Sabai Bigari | Kariyai Kaha Laj Mariyai Jab Apani Jandh Udhari || Adhika Kashta  Mohi Paryau Loka Mei Jab Yah Bath  Uchari | Surdas Prabhu Hasath Kaha Hau Metau Bipathi Hamari ||