Tuesday 22 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The soul is eternal and takes birth according to the attributes of three kinds/virtuous, beastly and dull

 





Chapter – 237-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The soul is eternal and takes birth according to the attributes of three kinds/virtuous, beastly and dull

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho,  Oh! Dheenadhayala Oh! Devamani, I have taken several births in different wombs as Earthborn, water-born, and air born, and I have adapted that body I lived, and danced to your tunes. In each birth, I have lived in the body with immense lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, drenched in worldly matters, chasing after material and physical pleasures, I have committed several sins each birth according to the attributes of Sathvik/virtuous, Rajasik/demonic, and Thamasik/inertia. Oh! Prabho, my virtuous attributes encouraged me to practice meditation, contemplation, worship of Lord Sri Hari, observe austerities, vows, celibacy, Swadhyaya, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, etc. and the beastly and dull nature of mine destroyed the pieties earned, due to my chase for the worldly matters of possession, richness, fame, wealth, children, wife, companion and relatives of fleeting nature.   Oh! Prabho, after witnessing all those, you haven’t been pleased with me, why are you putting me on the test again and again? Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari kindly affirms “ Leave your worries, and do not hurl yourself in different wombs I shall liberate you from the sufferings of worldly existence.”

 

Thihare Aage Bahuth Nachyau | Nisidhin Dheenadhayala Devamani Bahu Bidhi Roopa Rachyau || Keenhe Swanga Jithe  Jane Mei  Yekau Thau Na Bachyau | Sodhi Sakala Guna Kacchi Dhikhayau Anthar Ho Jo Sachyau || Jau  Reejath Nahi Nath Gusayi Thau Kath Jath Janchyau | Ithani Kahau Sur Poorau Dhai Kahau Marath Pachyau ||