Tuesday 22 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Samsarasagra/The worldly existence resembles a bottomless ocean, and the attachment to worldly matters symbolizes dreadful ocean creatures

 




Chapter – 238-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Samsarasagra/The worldly existence resembles a bottomless ocean, and the attachment to worldly matters symbolizes dreadful ocean creatures

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, I can’t cross the ocean of worldly existence, and I was ignorant and careless I was following the pathways of Ajamila, the Bhramin who abandoned elderly parents, family, and Vedic way of living for a prostitute in the forest, Ganika who was isolated in the later years of age was taken care of a parrot bought from the house of a devotee of Lord Vishnu, after watching them got liberated from the sufferings of worldly existence, I have chosen to be Adharmic, committed sins by words, mind, and deed. I have been drenched in infinite appearance, sound, smell, touch, and passion, Alas! I did not get satisfied yet, the happiness from those material and physical pleasures was momentary. I was drowning in the worldly matters of fleeting nature, that pushed me into extreme agony and pain. Oh! Prabho, this Samsarasagara/worldly existence is bottomless, I did not even see the seaside, how did I cross it? I have no hope that I would cross it? Oh! Prabho, mere utterance of your sacred name is the safest ferry to cross the ocean of worldly existence, unfortunately, I did not practice devotion, or worship at your lotus feet, hence I repeatedly drowned in the bottomless ocean of worldly existence. My increased interest in worldly matters shoveled me into deep distress and agony, even though my interest in them hasn’t faded yet. Oh! Prabho, whenever I get hurt while drowning in the Samsarasagara, others applauded with great enthusiasm and made me a laughingstock. Oh! Prabho, I have no one to protect me, I am still drowning yearningly watching at your lotus feet which is the safest ferry to cross the ocean of worldly existence and Thapathraya. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, and protect me from drowning in the bottomless ocean of worldly existence.”


Bhavasagar Mei  Pairi Na Leenhau | In Pathithani Kau Dhekhi Dhekhi Kai Pacche Soch Na Keenhau || Ajamila Ganikadhi Aadhi Dhai Pairi Par Gahi Pelau | Sanga Layi Bichahi Cchadyau Nipat Aanath Akelau || Athi Gambheera Thir Nahi Nitharau Kihi Bidhi Utharthyau Jath | Nahi Adhar Nama Avalokath Jitha Thitha Gotha Khath || Mohi Dhekhi Sab Hasath Paraspara Dhai Dhai Thari Thar | Un Thau Kari Pacchile Ki GAthi Guna Thorthyau Bicha Dhar || Padha Nauka Ki Aas Lagaye Boodath Hau Binu Cchaha | Ajahu Sur Dhekhibau Karihau Begi Gahau Kin Baha ||