Tuesday 8 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The Jeeva is not independent, the supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva – the body is perishable and the soul is indestructible

 

 


Chapter – 223-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The Jeeva is not independent, the supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva – the body is perishable and the soul is imperishable

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate Jeeva, worked on the unpromising and unyielding land, sowing the seeds of the impurities of the mind, I was soaked in the illusion of your Maya, I was working on the futile efforts of Laukika/worldly matters, Mrigathrishna, I did not achieve anything other than despair and grief. The two bullocks of Kama/lust and desire, and Krodha/anger resembles Rajoguna and Thamoguna/immoral deeds sown the seeds and the wicked mind drenched in illusion shouldered them and plowed the barren land. The sensory organs resemble the farmers who sowed the seeds at their own pace and produced the attributes/qualities, of various natures. Oh! Prabho, my attachment to children, wife, companion, relatives, possession, money, fame, richness, etc. forcefully dragged me into thoughtless actions, I was drowning myself in the worldly matters of infinite nature to satiate my senses and the people around me. Oh! Prabho, the Lord Yama/death/Time/ Lord of righteousness, the Lord of worldly existence asking me to describe the list of my Karma, hence I am deeply worried, I have nothing earned for the afterlife, all that I was chasing after material matters and physical pleasures while living. I have not engaged in any of the righteous deeds, or performed charity, Japa, Thapa, Yajja, or not observed vows, austerities, Shama, Sathyam, Dhama, Dhaya, Ahimsa, Astheyam, Arjjavam, Thithiksha, Swadhyaya, etc. I haven’t earned Dharmaroopi wealth to disclose before the Lord Yama, hence I have no way out from the hell. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate Jeeva sowed the seeds of immoral deeds, so reaping the fruits of it, shoveling me into grief and suffering, and births in the 84 lakhs wombs. I am wicked and deceitful, swollen with pride, jealousy, ego, anger, lust, and desire, so whenever I perform any pious deed with the grace of the Lord, I spoil them with my ego and pride or I perform the rites for personal gain, in this way, the Dharma turns out to be Adharma. Oh! Prabho, I have been chasing after wealth, possession, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives, with the expectation that it would be permanent, sadly none was permanent or I had to leave them pushing into extreme grief and agony in its absence. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly enlightens the Jeeva with the knowledge of absolute truth that the supreme Bhramam resides as the soul is bliss, and indestructible, all material matters are destructible. So that, I can raise the flag of that indestructible Sacchidhanandha Swaroopa Paramathma Parambhramam, Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly imprint your name on the flag, so that the Jeeva would always remember that he’s not independent, the supreme Lord Sri Hari is the Master of the Universe and its living and non-living things. It would encourage the Jeeva to remember you always, and prevent the chase after the infinite worldly matters of fleeting nature, the human body is a village, and the sensory organs are mere guests in it. Oh! Prabho, I am your sincere servant, I have become fragile, and helpless, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, so that people won’t make a mockery of me.”


Prabhu Ju Thau Keenhi Ham Khethi | Banjar Bhoomi Gau Har Jothe  Aru Jethi Ki Thethi || Kama Krodh Dhoau Bail Bali Mili Raja Thamasa Sab Keenhau | Athi Kubudhdhi Man  Hamkanharau  Maya  Jua Dheenhau || Indhriya Mool Kisan Mahathrina Agraja Beeja Bayi | Janma Janma Ki Bishaya Basana Upajath Latha Nayi || Pancha Praja Athi Prabala Bali Mili Mana Bidhana Jau Keenau | Adhikari Jama Lekha Maagau Thathau Hau Aadheenau || Ghar Mei Gaya Nahi Bhajana Thiharau Jaun Dhiyau Mei Choottau | Dharma Jamanath Milyau Na Chahai Thathau Takur Lootau || Ahamkara  Patvari Kapati Jooti LIkhath Bahi | Lagau Dharma Bathavai Adharma Baki Sabai Rahi || Soyi Karau Ju Basathai Rahiyai Apanau Dhariyai Nau | Apane Nama Ki Bairakh Bandhau Subasa Basau Ihi Gau || Keejai Kripadhrishti Ki Barsha Jan Ki Jathi Lunayi | Surdas Ke  Prabhu So Kariyai Hoyi Na  Kan Katayi ||