Wednesday 30 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, anger, and pride are dirty rags that can get washed off only with the devotion of Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 251-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, anger, and pride are dirty rags that  can get washed off only with the devotion of Lord Sri Hari


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho Oh! Karunamaya, have you abandoned your promise to your devotees? You are Pathithapavan/Pathithaudhdharan, you are the savior of the distressed souls who are drenched in worldly matters of possession, richness, money, fame, wealth, children, wife, companions, and relatives of fleeting nature, and constantly throwing themselves to three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, I am a grave sinner I did not practice devotion and pure love at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, thus wasted the three important phases of life soaked in worldly matters, driven afar from you while chasing after Mrigathrishna, ultimately people like me lost their chances to attain the four Purusharththa/Dharma/righteousness, Arthth/wealth to perform righteous deeds, Kama/desire to perform the righteous deeds, and ultimately achieve the Moksha/liberation from repeated births, I have refused to follow the precious advice of Santh Mahathma and noble souls. Oh! Prabho, I want to get rid of this dirty old rag like the impurities of my mind such as lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara with the water that resembles sing in praise of your glories, I am unfortunate, I have wasted my entire life attached to worldly matters, and finally reached the later years of age, now I have no interest or health to follow the austerities and disciplines. Oh! Prabho, if you look at the Karmas/deeds of mine, kindly do not get infuriated, I have no courage to explain the wicked deeds I have committed. Oh! Prabho, it is certain that I am a distressed soul, and you are the savior of the distressed, kindly listen to my cries, and liberate me from the sufferings of worldly existence and repeated births.”


Biradh Manau Bariyayin Chade | Thuma Sau Kaha Kahau Karunamaya Yese Prabhu Thum Tade || Suni Suni Sadhu Bachana Yesau Sad Hadi Avaugunani Hiranau | Ghoyau Chahath  Keech Bharau Pat  Jala Sau Ruchi Nahi Manau || Jau Meri Karani Thum Hearu Thau Na  Karau Kachu Lekhau | Sur Pathitha Thuma Pathitha Udhdharan Binaya Dhrishti Ab Dhekhau ||