Thursday 11 January 2018

Sri Cchinnamasthaka Kavacham – Sri Bhairava Thanthram – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











Devi speaks “ Oh! Natha, Oh! Jeevesha, Kindly narrate the highly confidential sacred armor of Goddess Sri Cchinnamasthaka which was composed by you. Oh! Prabho, I would like to hear those sacred hymns which provide success in the three worlds, kindly describe to me.”


Sri Bhairava speaks “ Oh! Deveshi, who is worshiped by all the deities, listen to me carefully, I shall narrate that sacred armor of Thrailokhyavijayam which is highly propitious, it symbolizes supreme knowledge and wisdom, it is capable to provide victory in the battle between Deva and Asura, whoever reads to it with intense devotion would remain successful in the three worlds. Oh! Sureshvari, Lord Bhrama, Lord Narayana, and Lord Rudra who are the creator, preserve and destroyer of Universe and its living beings are attired in this sacred armor, it is most favorable for the disciples and passionate devotees, or disciples recives the same from their preceptors, sacred armor of Devi Cchinnamasthaka was composed by Bhairava Rishi, it has Dhvirat as Chandhass, presiding deity is Goddess Cchinnamasthaka, it is recited to attain victory in the three worlds.  I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hoomkara and earnestly pray to Devi Cchinnamastha who is the provider of power and strength, to protect my head, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hram Hroom Aim Thrayakshari and earnestly pray to Digambari who is wielded in directions as clothes, to protect my forehead, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable  Sreem, Hreem, Hroom, Aim and earnestly pray to Mundamkarthridharapi who cut off her head inorder to satiate Jaya and Vijaya’s thirst for blood, to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Goddess Cchinnamastha who symbolizes wisdom to protect my  ears, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable  Hum Phat Swaha and  earnestly pray to Vajravairochani to protect tip of my nose, I shall earnestly pray to Cchinnamastha to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to  Srimaya who is Vajravairochani  to protect my skills of speech, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hum Phat Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Mahavidhya who is Shodashi and Bhramaroopini, to protect me from being close to me, I shall earnestly pray to mighty Goddess Chinnamastha who  is always accompanied by Varnnini and Dakini, to protect my face, she has cut off her head in order to satiate the thirst for blood of Jaya and  Vijaya who are her fervent devotees, I shall earnestly pray to Ramadhya to protect my tongue, I shall earnestly pray to Lajjadhya to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Koorchadhya to protect my heart,  I shall earnestly pray to Vagadhya to protect my bosom, I shall earnestly pray to Ramaya for supreme wisdom and knowledge, I shall earnestly pray to Sureshvari to protect me from being close to me, I shall earnestly pray to Maya and  Digambara to protect my navel and areas of navel, I shall earnestly pray to Devi to protect my back, I shall earnestly pray to Vakbeeja, Koorcha, Vajravairochana to protect  center part of the body, I shall meditate upon Goddess Cchinnamatha, and I  shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hoom, Phat, Swaha, she is Mahavidhya who has the effulgence of crores of Adithya, I shall earnestly pray to Devi Cchinnamastha/Sashakthika to protect my feet. I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hreem Hroom Varnini and pray to protect my knees, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Sreem Hreem Cha Dakini to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Sarvavidhyasthitha to protect my all limbs always, I shall earnestly pray to Kalinga Yogini to  protect me from forefront, I shall earnestly pray to Dakini and Sri Mahabhairavi to protect me from the southern sides, I shall earnestly pray to Nairuthya to protect me always, I shall earnestly pray to Bhairavi to protect me from west, I shall earnestly pray to Indhrakshi to protect me from Northwest, I shall earnestly pray to Asithangi who is dark complexioned, to protect me from the upper areas, I shall earnestly pray to Samharini to protect me always, I shall earnestly pray to Sakarthrika who has powerful assistants, to protect me from northeast, I shall earnestly pray to Ashtashakthi to protect me from all directions, I shall earnestly pray to Pavaki and pronounce sacred syllable Kreem Kreem Kreem, Hreem, Hreem,  to protect from east, I shall earnestly pray to  Kalika and pronounce the sacred syllable Hroom Hroom to protect from south, I shall earnestly pray to Nairuthyam and pronounce the sacred syllable Kreem Kreem Kreem Hreem Hreem to protect from west, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable  Hroom Hroom and Swaha earnestly pray to protect in Maruthkona and upper areas respectively. I shall earnestly pray to Mahakali who is wielded in Gadga to protect me from all the corners, I shall earnestly pray to Thara to protect from bisection, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Hreem Sthreem  Hoom Phat  and earnestly pray to Ekajada Sathi along with Thara and Mahaneelasaraswathi to protect from Pathalaloka.” 


These are the sacred armor of  Devi Cchinnamastha which is superior in hymns, whoever recites or listens to it should meditate upon Lord Bhairava who is wrathful, it is highly propitious hymns,  deities, demons and illustrious Rishis and Sages had attained abundance of pieties, Dakini, Yakshini and spirits who are the sincere associates of Goddess Kali works at her command would  be pleased and bless the worshiper with the recitation of sacred armor,  worship of Goddess Cchinnamastha with the recitation of Parambhramakavacham and veneration with the fragrances and fruits, would provide the benefit of an year long worship of Goddess Cchinnamastha, writing on the Bhurjapathra and veneration of it and wearing it on the right hand or around the neck would provide all kinds of auspiciousness and worshiper will remain honorable in the three worlds, worshiper’s home will be blessed with the eternal presence of Lakshmi and Vani/Goddess Saraswathi on his speech, it would calm down even the superior asthras like Bhramasthra and shasthra, sacred armor of Devi Cchinnamastha is capable to win over the enemies.


Devyuvacha –
 Kathitha Cchinnamasthaya  Ya Ya Vidhya Su Gopitha: | Thvaya  Nathena Jeevesha  Shruthashchadhigatha  Maya ||

Idhaneem Shrothumicchami Kavacham  Sarvasoochitham | Thrailokhya Vijayam Nama Kripaya  Kathyatham Prabho ||

Bhairava Uvacha –
Shrunu Vakshyami Deveshi  Sarvadeva Namaskritha | Thrailokhya Vijayam Nama Kavacham Sarvamohanam ||

Sarvavidhyamayam Sakshathsurasura Jayapradham | Dharanath  Padanadheesha  Thrailokhya Vijayee Vibhu: ||

Bhrama  Narayano Rudro Dharanath  Padanadhyatha: | Kartha Patha  Cha Samhartha  Bhuvananam Sureshvari ||

Na Dheyam Parishishyebhyoabhakthebhyoapi Visheshatha: | Dheyam Shishyaya  Bhakthaya  Pranebhyoapyadhikaya Cha ||

Thrailokhya Vijaye Mukthau  Viniyoga: Prakeerthitha: | Humakaro Mey Shira: Pathu Cchinnamastha  Balapradha ||

Hram Hroom Aim Thraykshakari Pathu  Balam Vakthram Digambara | Sreem  Hreem Hroom Aim  Dhrishau Pathu Mundam Karthridharapi Sa ||

Sa Vidhya Pranavadhyantha  Shruthiyugmam Sadhaavathu | Vajravairochaneeye  Hum Phat  Swaha Cha   Dhruvadhika ||

Ghranam Pathu Cchinnamastha  Mundakarthri Vidharini | Srimaya Koorcha Vagbeejair Vajra Vairochaneeyahroom ||

Hoom Phat Swaha Mahavidhya  Shodashi Bhramaroopini | Swaparshve  Varnnini  Chasringdharam  Payayathi Mudha ||

Vadhanam Sarvadha  Pathu Cchinnamastha  Swashakthika | Mundakarthridhara  Raktha  Sadhakabheeshtadhayini ||

Varnnini  Dakini Yuktha  Sapi Mamabhithoavathu | Ramadhya  Pathu Jihvam Cha  Lajjadhya  Pathu Kandakam ||

Koorchadhya Hridhayam Pathu  Vagadhya  Sthanayugmakam | Ramaya Putitha  Vidhya  Parshau  Pathu Sureshvari ||

Mayaya Putitha  Pathu Nabhidheshe  Digambara | Koorchena  Putitha  Devi Prishtadheshe Sadha Avathu ||

Vagbeeja  Putitha  Chaisha  Madhya Pathu Sashakthika | Eshvari  Koorcha  Vagbeejair Vajravairochaneeyahroom ||

Humphat  Swaha Mahavidhya  Kodisooryasamaprabha | Cchinnamastha  Sadha  Payadhurgmam Sashakthika ||

Hreem Hroom Varnnini  Janum  Sreem Hreem Cha Dakini Padham | Sarvavidhyasthitha  Nithya  Sarvangam  Mey Sadhavathu ||

Prachyam Payadhekalinga  Yoginee  Pavakeavthu | Dakini Dhakshine Pathu Sri Mahabhairavi  Cha Mam ||

Nairuthyam Sathatham pathu Bhairavi  Pashchimeavathu | Indhrakshi Pathu  Vayavyeasithangi Pathu Choththare ||

Samharini Sadha Pathu Shivakone Sa Karthrika | Ithyashta Shakthaya: Pathu Dhigvidhikshu  Sakarthrika: |

Kreem Kreem Kreem Pathu Sa Poorvam Hreem Hreem Mam Pathu Pavake | Hroom Hroom Mam Dhakshine  Pathu Dhakshine  Kalikavathu ||


Kreem Kreem  Kreem Chaiva Nairuthyam Hreem Hreem  Cha Pashchime Avathu | Hroom Hroom Pathu Maruthkone Swaha  Pathu  Sadhoththare ||

Mahakali Gadgahastha  Raksha;  Kone Sadhavathu | Tharo Maya Vadhoo: Koorcham  Phat  Karoayam Mahamanu: ||

Gadgakarthridhara  Thara  Chordhvadhesham Sadhavathu | Hreem Sthreem Hoom Phat  Cha Pathale  Mam Pathu Chaikajada Sathi | Thara Thu Sahitha Kheavyan Mahaneelasaraswathi ||

Ithithe Kathitham  Devya:  Kavacham Manthravigraham | Yaddhruthva  Padananbheema: Krodhakhyo Bhairava: Smritha: ||

Surasura Muneedhranam Kartha Hartha  Bhavethswayam | Yasyajjaya  Madhumathi Yathi Sa  Sadhakalayam ||

Bhoothinyadhyashcha  Dakinyo Yakshinyadhyashcha  Gechara; | Ajjyam Grihnanthi Thasthasya  Kavachasya Prasadhatha: ||

Yethadevam  Param Bhrama Kavacham Manmukhodhitham | Devimabhyarcha  Gandhadhyair Moolenaiva  Padethsakrith ||

Samvathsara Krithayasthu Poojaya: Phalamapnuyath | Bhoorje ViLikhitham Chaithathgudikam Kanjana Sthitham ||

Dharayeth Dhakshine Bahau Kande Va  Yadhi Vanyatha: | Sarvaishvaryayutho Bhoothva  Thrailokhyam Vashamanayeth ||

Thasya  Gehe  Vasen Lakshmir Vani Cha  Vadhanambuje | Bhramasthradheeni Shasthrani Thadhgathre  Yanthi Saumyatham ||

Idham Kavacham Ajjyathva  Yo Bhaje  Cchinnamasthakam | Soapi Shathrapraharena  Mrithyumapnothi Saththvaram ||

|| Ithi Sri Bhairavathanthre  Bhairva Bhairavi Samvadhe  Thrailokhyavijayam  Nama Cchinnamastha Kavacham Sampoornnam ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||