Thursday 4 January 2018

Sri Subramanya Kavacham – Sri Kumara Thanthram - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||






The sacred armor of  Lord Subramanya is highly propitious hymn composed by Lord Bhrama, it has Anushtup as Chandhass, presiding deity is Lord Subramanya, it has  Om as beejam, Bhagavatha as Shakthi, and Lord  Subramanya as Keelakam, it is recited to please Lod Subramanya.


|| Karanyasa: ||


 I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Sa’ and offer humble salutation to Lord Subramanya with my thumb, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Seem’ and offer humble salutation to Lord Subramanya with my forefinger,  I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Soom’ and offer humble salutation to Subramanya with my middle finger, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘ Saim’ and offer humble salutation to Subramanya with my ring finger, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Saum’ and offer humble salutation to Lord Subramanya with my little finger, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Sa:’ and offer humble salutation to Lord Subramanya with my palm and back of the palm as well.


|| Anganyasa: ||


I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Sa’ and I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya and  offer humble salutation with my heart, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘ Seem’ and I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya and offer humble salutation by touching my head, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘ Soom’ and I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya and offer humble salutation by touching my tuft, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘ Saim’ and I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya and assume it sacred armor, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable  ‘Saum’ and I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya and offer humble salutation by touching my eyes, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘ Sa’ and prostrate before Lord Subramanya and assume it as Asthra, I shall prononouce Bhur Bhuva:suvaromithi and prostrate before Lord Subramanya and assume his presence in all directions.


|| Dhyanam ||


I shall meditate upon Lord Subramanya who has the effulgence of sun in the early hours of dawn, he has the luster of moon, he is adorned in Keyoora and Hara, he is decorated in various precious ornaments all over the body, he is the provider of heavenly pleasures to the worshiper, he is seated on the lotus flower, his hand is in Abhaya hastha posture, he is wielded in powerful weapon shakthi/spear, and Kukkudam/rooster, he has crimson color complexion, I shall earnestly pray to Lord Subramanya who eradicates all kinds of fears.

I shall earnestly pray to Lord Subramanya to protect me from forefront, I shall earnestly pray to Senani who is a great warrior to protect me from the back, I shall earnestly pray to Guha who dwells in caves to protect me from the south, I shall earnestly pray to Vahinija who is the son of Agni to protect me from the left, I shall earnestly pray to Mahasena who is extremely valorous warrior to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Skandha who has powerful back of shoulders to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Dhvadhshaksha who has twelve eyes, to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Vishvabhrith who is embodied as Universe to protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray to Shanmugha who is six faced to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Shankarathmaja who is the dearest son of Lord Shankara to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to  Vallipathi who is dearest darling of Goddess Valli to protect my lips, I shall earnestly pray to  Shadanana who has six faces to protect  my tongue, I shall earnestly pray to Devasenapathi who is the dearest darling of Goddess Devasena to  protect my teeth, I shall earnestly pray to Bahulathmaja who is initiated from Agni, carried by Ganga, and taken care by six young maidens of Krithika, to protect my cheeks, I shall earnestly pray to Narakajith to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Dhvadhashabahuka who has twelve powerful arms to protect my arms, I shall earnestly pray to Shakthidhara who is wielded in powerful spear to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Sharothbhava who was born in reeds to protect my chest,  I shall earnestly pray to Vahnibhoo who is initiated from Agni to protect my heart, I shall earnestly pray to Ambikasutha who is the son of Goddess Gauri to protect my stomach, I shall earnestly pray to Shambhusutha who is the son of Lord Shambhu to protect my navel, I shall earnestly pray to Harathmaja who is the son of Lord Hara to protect my waist line,  I shall earnestly pray to  Gajarooda who is mounted on elephant to protect my thighs , I shall earnestly pray to Jahnavisutha who is the son of Jahnavi/Ganga to protect my knees, I shall earnestly pray to Vishakha who is born under the constellation of Vishakha to protect my calves, I shall earnestly pray to Shikhivahana who is mounted on celestial vehicle peacock to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Bhoothesha who is the Lord of living beings to protect my all parts of the body, I shall earnestly pray to Pavaki who is initiated from the fire  to protect me always.



I shall repeatedly promise that above are the sacred armor of Lord Subramanya which is capapble to fulfil all the desires of the worshiper, it removes all kinds of miseries and sorrows of the worshiper, it is highly auspicious to recite or listen during the hours of dusk, day or night, or dawn, or while in the water or while performing fire sacrifices, or travelling through the dense wood, or foreign land or during the moments of intense fear, or in the battle field or in the middle of wild animals or thieves, or afflicted with fever and critical illnesses, or evil effects causes by the changes in planetary positions or bad omen, or falling as victim on Asthra or Shasthra.  Whoever yearns for righteousness would attain the same, person who desires for wealth would attain the same,  person who yearns to  fulfil all the desires would attain all that desired, virtuous who yearn for Moksha would attain liberation from repeated births. Whoever reads the above sacred hymns with utmost faith and devotion would attain the nearness of Lord Guha, it is highly auspicious to read during the hours of rituals or the hours of veneration, it should be recited before Lord Subramanya, whoever reads or listens to the splendor of sacred armour of Lord Subramanya would be freed from all the troubles and miseries.



|| Asya Sri Subramanya Kavacha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya | Bhrama Rishi: | Anushtup chandha: | Sri Subramanyo Devatha | Om Nama Ithi  Beejam | Bhagavatha Ithi Shakthi: | Subramanyayethi Keelakam | Sri Subramanya  Prasadha Siddhyarthe Jape Viniyoga: ||

|| Karanyasa: ||


Sam Angushtabhyam Nama: | Seem Tharjjaneebhyam Nama: | Soom  Madhyamabhyam Nama: | Saim  Anamikabhyam Nama: | Saum Kanishtikabhyam Nama: | Sa: Karathalaprishtabhyam Nama: ||

||Anganyasa: ||

Sam Hridhayaya Nama: | Seem Shirase Swaha | Soom  Shikhayai Vashat | Saim Kavachaya Hum | Saum Nethrathraya Vaushat | Sa:  Asthraya Phat | Bhoorbhuva:  Suvaromithi  Digbandha: ||

Dhyanam

Sindhooraruna  Indhukanthivadhanam  Keyooraharidhibhi: | Dhivyair Abaraner Vibhooshithathanum  Swargadhi Saukhyapradham | Amboja Abhaya Shakthi Kukkudadharam Rakthangaragojjvalam | Subramanyam Upasmahe  Pranamatham  Bheethipranashodhyatham ||

Subramanyo Agratha: Pathu Senani: Pathu Prishtatha: | Guho Mey Dhakshine Pathu Vahnijam Pathu  Vamatha: ||

Shira:  Pathu  Mahasena: Sakandho  Rakshellalatakam | Nethro Mey Dhvadhashakshashcha  Shrothre  Rakshathu Vishvabhrith ||

Mukham Mey Shanmukha: Pathu Nasikam Shankarathmaja: | Aushtau Vallipathi: Pathu Jihvam  Pathu Shadanana: ||

Devasenapathir  Dhanthan Chubukam Bahulathmaja: | Kandam Narakajith  Pathu Bahu Dhvadhashabahuman ||

Hasthau Shakthidhara: Pathu Vaksha: Pathu Sharothbhava: | Hridhayam Vahnibhoo: Pathu Kukshim Pathvambikasutha: ||

Nabhim  Shambusutha: Pathu Kadim Pathu  Harathmaja: | Ooru Pathu Gajaroodo Janu Me  Jahnavisutha: ||

Janghe  Vishakho  Mey Pathu Padhau  Mey Shikhivahana: | Sarvanyangani Bhoothesha: Sarvadhathushcha Pavaki : ||

Sandhyakale Nisheethinyam Dhiva Prathar Jalengnishu | Dhurgame  Cha Maharanye  Rajadhvare  Mahabhaye ||

Thumuleranya Madhye Cha  Sarva Dhushtamrigadhishu | Choradhi Sadhvasebhedhye  Jwaradhi Vyadhipeedane ||
Dhushta Grahadhi Bheethau Cha Dhurnimiththadhi Bheeshane | Asthra Shasthra Nipathe  Cha Pathu Mam Krauncharandhakrith ||

Ya: Subramanya Kavacham Ishtasiddhipradham Padeth | Thasya Thapathrayam Na Asthi  Sathyam Sathyam Vadhamyaham ||

Dharmarthi  Labathe  Dharmam Artharthi Charththamapnuyath | Kamarththi Labathe Kamam Moksharthi Mokshamapnuyath ||

Yathra Yathra Japeth Bhakthya  Thathra  Sannihitho  Guha: |  Pooja Prathishtakale Cha  Japakale Padeth Itham||

Theshameva Phalavapthi: Mahapathakanashanam | Ya: Padeth Shrunuyath Bhakthya  Nithyam  Devasya Sannidhau ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||