Tuesday 6 February 2018

Sri Bhavani Ashtakam – Sri Adishankaracharya – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











I shall meditate upon Goddess Bhavani, I have no father, or mother, or relatives, or Dhatha, or Puthra/son or Puthri/daughter, or servant or husband or wife, or knowledge, or profession as my permanent shelter place, hence Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet and I have no shelter other than you. You are capable to make us safely cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence, I am a coward and completely worn out of distress and grief, I am a sinner, soaked in worldly desires and temptations, excessive lust, I am completely bounded by worldly bondage, hence Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you. I am not aware of any kind of charities, or Dhyanam/meditation or Yoga, Thanthric rites or I have no knowledge of sacred texts, or Vedic hymns, or veneration, or Sanyasayoga/way of living as an ascetic. Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you. I am not aware of any devout act or sacred deeds, or sacred rivers or significance of dip in holy rivers or Mukthi/liberation from repeated births, or deluge at the end of Yuga, or devotion, Oh! Matha, I have no knowledge about austerities. Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you.  I have been to Kukarma/wicked deeds, association with unruly and immoral people, I have been immoral servant, I have not followed any prescribed rites of the clan, I have been always into worldly matters, I have been witnessed with greedy eyes, I have written several offenceive comments, Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you. I am not aware of Prajesha/King, or Ramesha/Lord of Rama, or Mahesha/mighty Lord, or Suresha/Lord of Lords, or Dhinesha/Lord of the day, or  Lord of wealth, Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you, kindly protect me from the arguments on divisive topics, while I am suffering from extreme depression and anxieties, and accidents, while I live in foreign lands/unknown lands, protect us from water, fire, mountains and hills, protect us from enemies, while travelling through dense wood, I shall surrender you lotus feet, Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you. I am an helpless orphan, suffering from poverty, aging, illnesses, I am completely worn out, I am in a pathetic state, I am completely troubled by various problems, I am getting into various dangers and I have lost Oh! Bhavani, I shall take refuge at your lotus feet I have no shelter other than you.



Na Thatho Na Matha  Na Bandhur Na Dhatha | Na Puthro Na Puthri Na  Bhruthyo Na Bharththa | Na Jaya Na Vidhya  Na Vriththir Mamaiva | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||

Bhavabdhavapare  Mahadhukha Bheeru | Prapatha  Prakami Pralobhi  Pramaththa: | Ku Samsarapasha Prabhandha ; Sadha Aham | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||


Na Janami Dhanam  Na Cha  Dhyanam Yogam | Na Janami Thanthram  Na Cha  Sthothramanthram | Na Janami  Poojam  Na Cha Sanysayogam | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||

Na Janami Punyam Na Janami Theertham | Na Janami Mukthim Layam Va Kadhachith | Na Janami Bhakthim  Vratham  Vapi Mathar | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||


Ku Karmi Ku Sangi Ku Buddhi: Ku Dhasa: | Kulacharaheena:  Kadhacharaleena: | Kudhrishti: Ku Vakya Prabandha: Sadha Aham | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||

Prajesham Ramesham Mahesham Suresham | Dhinesham  Nisheedheshvaram  Va Kadhachith | Na Janami Chanyath  Sadha Aham  Sharanye | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||


Vivadhe Vishadhe  Pramadhe  Pravase | Jale Cha Anale  Parvathe Shathrumadhye | Aranye Sharanye Sadha Mam Prapahi | Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||

Anatho Dharidhro  Jara Rogayuktho Mahaksheena  Dheena: Sadha Jadyavakthra: | Vipaththau Pravishta: Pranashta: Sadha Aham  Gathisthvam Gathisthvam  Thvameka  Bhavani ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||