Saturday 22 September 2018

Sri Mahakalabhairava Sthothram by Goddess Sri Bhairavi – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











Goddess Sri Bhairavi speaks “ I shall reverentially prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who has great stature, he represents Mahakala/deluge at the end of Yuga, he is  Lord of the Universe and its living beings, Oh! Mahakala who is beyond time, he is supreme Yogi, I shall repeatedly prostrate before Mahakala, Oh! Mahakala who is the cause for the deluge at the end of Yuga, Oh! Mahadeva who is mighty Lord, Oh! Mahakala who absorbs the whole Universe and its living beings at the end of Kalpa , Oh! Mahaprabho who is magnanimous, Oh! Mahakala who has dreadful appearance at the end of Yuga, Oh! Maharudhra who is alarming, Oh! Mahakala, I shall repeatedly prostrate before you, Oh! Mahakala who symbolizes supreme wisdom and knowledge, Oh! Mahakala who removes lethargy, laziness, and dullness, Oh! Mahakala, I shall repeatedly prostrate before you, I shall prostrate before Bhava who represents prosperity, I shall prostrate before  Sharva who symbolizes auspiciousness, I shall prostrate before Rudra who has dreadful appearance, I shall prostrate before Pashoonampathi who is Lord of living beings, I shall prostrate before Ugra who is formidable and has fierce appearance, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahadeva who is mighty Lord, I shall prostrate before Bheema who has terrible, formidable, tremendous, and  frightenting appearance, I shall repeatedly prostrate before Eshana which represents one of the five faces of Rudra, known as commanding, promising, and auspicious, I shall prostrate before Eshana who is highly propitious, and Thathpurusha/one of the five faces of supreme spirit,  I shall prostrate before Sadhyojatha/one of the five faces which is pure/white, bright,  I shall prostrate before Kalagnirudra who holds colossal form and has fierce appearances, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who is the source of creation, preservation and destruction, he is the cause for all the great causes, I shall repeatedly prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who represents vital air and fire, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who represents Soma/moon and Surya/Sun, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who represents fire sacrifices and sky, I shall repeatedly prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who is all pervading, he has embodied as Universe, I shall repeatedly prostrate before Lord Mahakala  who represents Bhrama, Vishnu, and Rudra, I shall repeatedly  prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who represents living and non-living things, I shall repeatedly prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who resides as soul in living beings, he is imperishable, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who produces the sound of ‘Humkara’ he is unblemished, he is Mahakala who is eternal, he has neither beginning nor end, he is beyond Thrigunas, Oh! Meghavarnna who has the complexion of dark clouds, kindly protect us always, Oh! Maheshana /mighty Lord, who represents all directions I shall prostrate before you, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Mahakala who represents the sacred syllables of ‘Om Hreem’ Swaha and  Vedic chants, he is a great illusionist, he is supreme bliss, I shall reverentially prostrate before Lord Mahakala who is supreme preceptor.”

In this way, Goddess Bhairavi eulogized the splendor of Lord Mahakala, whoever reads or worships Lord Mahakala with these glorious verses would attain happiness and welfare.

Sri Bhairavi Uvacha -
Om Mahakala Mahakaya  Mahakala Jagathpathe | Mahakala  Mahayogin Mahakala Namosthuthe ||

Mahakala Mahadeva  Mahakala Mahaprabho | Mahakala  Maharudra  Mahakalanamosthuthe ||

Mahakala Mahajjyana  Mahakala  Thamopaha: | Mahakala Mahakala  Mahakala Namosthuthe ||

Bhavaya Cha Namasthubhyam Sharvaya Cha Namo Nama: | Rudraya Cha Namasthubhyam Pashoonampathaye Nama: ||

Ugraya Cha Namasthubhayam Mahadevaya Vai Nama: | Bheemaya Cha  Namasthubhyam Eshanaya Namo Nama: ||

Eshanaya Namasthubhyam Thathpurushaya Vai Nama: | Sadhyojayatha Namasthubhyam Shuklavarnna  Namo Nama: |Adha: Kalagnirudraya Rudroopaya Vai  Nama: ||

Sthithi Uthpaththi Nilayanam Cha Hethuroopaya Vai  Nama: | Parameshvararoopasthvam Neela Yevam Namosthuthe ||

Pavanaya  Namasthubhyam Huthashana Namosthuthe | Somaroopa Namasthubhyam  Sooryaroopa Namosthuthe ||

Yajamana Namasthubhyam Akashaya Namo Nama: | Sarvaroopa Namasthubhyam Vishvaroopanamsothuthe ||

Bhramaroopa Namasthubhyam Vishnuroopanamosthuthe | Rudraroopa Namasthubhyam Mahakalanamosthuthe ||

Sthavaraya Namasthubhyam Jangamaya Namo Nama: | Nama: Sthavarajangamabhyam Shashvathaya  Namo Nama; ||

Hum Humkara Namasthubhyam Nishkalaya Namo Nama; | Anadhyantha  Mahakala  Nirgunaya Namo Nama: ||

Praseedha Mey  Namo Nithyam Meghavarnna  Namosthuthe |Praseedha Mey  Maheshana  Dhigvasaya  Namo Nama: ||

Om Hreem  Mayaswaroopaya  Sacchidhanandhathejase | Swaha  Sampoornna Manthraya  So Aham Hamsaya  They Nama: ||

|| Phalashruthi: ||

Ithyevam Devadevasya  Mahakalsya Bhairavi | Keerthitham  Poojanam  Samyak Sadhakanam  Sukhavaham ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||