Thursday 4 October 2018

Sri Bhrihaspathi Kavacham by Eshvara – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||









The sacred armor of Lord Bhrihaspathi is highly propitious hymn was composed by Rishi Eshvara, it has Anushtup as Chandhass, presiding deity is Lord Bhrahaspathi, Gam as Bheejam, Sri as Shakthi, Kleem as Keelakam, it is recited to please Lord Bhrahaspathi who is the preceptor of deities.


I shall reverentially prostrate before Lord Bhrahaspathi  who fulfills all the desires of the worshiper and showers abundance of boons, he is omniscient, he is worshiped by all the deities, he is adorned in Akshamala/prayer beads, he is serene, I shall repeatedly prostrate before Lord Bhrihaspathi, I shall earnestly pray to Lord Bhrahaspathi to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Guru to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Suraguru who is the preceptor of deities to  protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray to Abheeshtadhayaka who fulfills all the desires of the worshiper to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Suracharya who is the preceptor of Suras to protect my tongue, I shall earnestly pray to Vedaparaga who is eminent in Vedas to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to Sarvajja who is omniscient to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Devathaguru who is the preceptor of Devathas to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Angirasa who is the son of Sage Angiras, to protect my arms, I shall earnestly prayt o Shubhapradha who symbolizes auspiciousness to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Vageesha who is Lord of speech to protect my chest, I shall earnestly pray to Shubhalakshana who has divine limbs to protect my stomach, I shall earnestly pray to Devaguru who is the preceptor of deities to protect my navel, I shall earnestly pray to  Sukhapradha who showers happiness and welfare in abundance to protect my middle part of the body, I shall earnestly pray to  Jagathvandhya who is worshiped by the whole Universe to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Vakpathi who is Lord of terminology to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to  Suracharya who is the preceptor of Suras to protect my knee and calves, I shall earnestly pray to Vishvathmaka who represents Universe to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Guru/preceptor to protect my every limbs, whoever reads or listen to the sacred armor praising the splendor of Lord Bhrahaspathi during the hours of dawn, noon and dusk would  get their desires fulfilled and remain successful in all endeavors.


|| Asya Sri  Bhrahaspathi Kavacha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya  Eshvara Rishi: | Anushtup Chandha: | Gurur Devatha | Gam Beejam | Sri Shakthi | Kleem Keelakam | Guru Preethyarththam Japeth Viniyoga: ||

Abheeshtaphaladham Devam Sarvajjam  Surapoojitham | Akshamaladharam  Shantham Pranamami Bhrihaspathim ||

Bhrihaspathi: Shira: Pathu Lalatam Pathu Mey Guru: | Karnnau Suraguru: Pathu Nethre Mey Abheeshtadhayaka: ||

Jihvam Pathu Suracharyo Nasam Mey Vedaparaga: | Mukham Mey Pathu Sarvajjo Kandam Mey  Devathaguru : ||

Bhujam Angirasa: Pathu Karau Pathu Shubhapradha: | Sthanau Mey Pathu Vageesha: Kukshim Mey  Shubhalakshana: ||

Nabhim Devaguru:  Pathu Madhyam Pathu Sukhapradha; | Katim Pathu Jagathvandhya  Ooru  Mey Pathu Vakpathi: ||

 Janujanghe  Suracharyo Padhau Vishvathmasthatha | Anyani Yani Changani Rakshenmey Sarvatho Guru: ||

 Ithyeth Kavacham  Dhivyam Thrisandhyam  Ya : Paden Nara: | Sarva Kamanavapnothi Sarvathra Vijayibhaveth ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||