Wednesday 10 October 2018

Sri Durga Kavacham – Sri Kubjika Thanthram - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||












Eshvara speaks “ Oh! Devi, listen to me carefully, sacred armor of Goddess Durga is highly propitious and capable to provide all  the spiritual fervor, whoever reads or recites would be relieved from all the perils, miseries and sorrows, people who are not aware of the sacred armor or people who do not recite the sacred verses praising the splendor of Goddess Durga would end up in hell, I shall prostrate before supreme Goddes Durga who has personified as Uma/Parvathi who is the daughter of Mount Himavan and beloved consort of Lord Shiva, I shall earnestly pray to Goddess Uma to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Shooladharini who is wielded in powerful trident to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Khechari who symbolizes Siddhis and guides us to cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Chathvaravasini who resides in the quadrangular  to protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray to Sugandha who has personified as Dhakshayani/daughter of Dhakshaprajapathi, to  protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to  Sarvadharini who is wielded in fierce weapons in eight hands, she holds lotus flower and one hand in Vardha posture, to protect my face,  I shall earnestly pray to  Chandikadevi who is extremely wrathful and has dreadful appearance to protect my  tongue, I shall earnestly pray to  Saubhadhrika who symbolizes auspiciousness, she is the commander in war fields to protect my neck, I shall earnestly pray to Ashokavanavasini who resides in the dense wood of Ashoka to protect my intellect,  heart, insight, and consciousness, I shall earnestly pray to Vajradharini who is wielded in powerful weapon which has the resemblance to Vajra to protect my arms, I shall earnestly pray to Lalithadevi who is elegant, most desirable, and loveliest to protect my heart, I shall earnestly pray to Simhavahini who is mounted on celestial vehicle lion to protect my stomach, I shall earnestly pray to Bhagavathi who symbolizes good fortune to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Vindhyavasini who resides in the highest peak of Mount Vindhyachala to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to  Mahabala who is mighty Goddess to protect my knee and calves, I shall earnestly pray to Bhoothalavasini  who resides on the Earth to protect my feet, Oh! Devi, You have embodied as three worlds and you are the protector of the same, I shall reverentially prostrate before supreme Goddess Durga, kindly protect all my limbs.”


Eshvara Uvacha –

Shrunu Devi Pravakshyami Kavacham Sarvasiddhidham | Padithva  Padayithva  Cha Naro  Muchyathe Sankatath ||

Ajjyathva  Kavacham Devi Durgamanthram  Cha Yo Japeth | Sa  Napnothi Phalam Thasya Param  Cha Narakam  Vrajeth ||

Umadevi  Shira:  Pathu Lalate  Shooladharini | Chakshushi Khechari  Pathu Karnnau  Chathvaravasini ||

Sugandha  Nasike Pathu  Vadhanam  Sarvadharini |Jihvam  Cha Chandikadevi  Greevam  Saubhadhrika Thadha ||

Ashokavasini  Chetho  Dhau  Bahu Vajradharini | Hridhayam Lalithadevi  Udharam  Simhavahini ||

Katim Bhagavathi Devi  Dhvavooru Vindhyavasini | Mahabala  Cha Janghe  Dhvau Padhau Bhoothalavasini ||

Yevam  Sthithasi Devi Thvam Thrailokhye  Rakshanathmika | Rakshamam  Sarvagathreshu Durge Devi Namosthuthe ||

|| Ithi Sri Kubjikathanthre  Sri Durga Kavacham Sampoornnam ||




|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||