Tuesday 23 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi - ‘I am your slave and you are my Master”

 




Chapter -63 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - Sharanagathi – ‘I am your slave and you are my Master”

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hare, Oh! Murari, you are the destroyer of Thrividha Thapa/Adhibhauthik, Adhidheivik, and Adhyathmik, then why you are not showering your compassionate grace upon me? You are the destroyer of Sandheha/false perception, Shoka/grief, and Ajjan/ignorance, and fears and anxieties of worldly existence, kindly destroy my grief and sufferings as well. Oh! Swamin, I have been haunted by the evilness of the Kali era, my dull mind does not give me any relief from the grief, I have swollen with Ahamkara and Mamakara, kindly protect me. Oh! Prabho, I am your slave, who will save me from the wilderness of the dense wood of Samsara? Oh! Prabho, you are extremely skilled, and I am extremely dull, even after knowing all these, why don’t you shower kindness upon me? One thing I have understood I have born unlucky, Oh! Raghunath, I have been wandering through the different Yonis, have taken several births as Keet, Pathanga, animals and Manushya, you are my Master and I am your slave, I have no one other than you. Even though I am going through the sufferings and happiness of the Samsara, I won’t leave your lotus feet, I have taught my mind that there is no deity compassionate and kind as you, Oh! Hare, I have not found any Sadhana to please you, I am helpless to follow any austerities, vow, celibacy, Sathyam, Shaucham, Dhaya, Dharma, Dhanam, Swadhyaya, Athmavichara, etc. Oh! Bhagavan, all I know is that I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, and constantly reciting your sacred names, hence I am certain that you will get pleased without the Sadhana.”

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj continues “Oh! Kripanidhi, the unfathomable ocean of Samsara is full of miseries and sorrows, where did I go and who did I approach and cry? my Indhriyas are not in my control, they are getting wedged on the infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya in this world and chasing after it to get satisfied. The eyes look at the attractive things and the mind yearn to achieve and chase after them, the ears are curious to absorb gossip, tongue takes pleasure in spreading rumors and hatred, moreover, it takes pleasure in the impure and intoxicating drinks as well, the hands and legs always chase to get possession of things for the bodily pleasure. In this way, none of my Indhriyas are under my control, all they do is chase after the material pleasures. The mind is chasing after wealth and richness, hell and heaven, etc. Oh! Hare, I am unfortunate that the mind is not co-operating with me to perform any Sadhanas, it is leaving you behind and rushes after the Indhriyas. Oh! Deva, I am completely worn out of interest in worldly matters and bondage, and Ahamkara and Mamakara Oh! Bhagavan, you are Dheenadhayalu, I have taken shelter in you, Oh! Raghuveera, Oh! Dheera, if you don’t shower your compassionate grace upon me, how did I get relieved from the sufferings of worldly existence? Oh! Bhagavan, I have committed several sins, Oh! Murari, you are too kind and compassionate, even to sinners and distressed and destroys their grief. Oh! Prabho, I am Tulsidas, I am confident that you are the protector of Pathitha/distressed, you have elevated several Jeevas from the miseries of worldly existence, hence I am certain that you will protect me as well.”

 

109) Kas Na Karahu Karuna Hare! Dhukhaharana Murari ! Thribidhathapa Sandheha Soka Bhayahari || Ika Kalikala Janitha Mala Mathimandha Malinaman | Thehipara Prabhu Nahi Kar Sambhar Kehi Bhanthi Jiyai Jan || Sab Prakar Samarath Prabho Mem Sab Bidhi Dheena | Yaha Jiya Jani Dhravai Nahi Mei Karama Biheena || Bhramath Aneka Joni Raghupathi Pathi Aan Na More | Dhukha Sukha Sahau Rahau Sadha Saranagath Thore || Tho  Sama Deva Na Koau Kripalu Samujjau Manmahim | Tulasidas Hari  Thoshiye  So Sadhana Nahim ||

 

110) Kahu Kehi Kahiya Kripanidhe! Bhava Janitha Bipathi Athi | Indhriya Sakala Bikala Sadha Nija Nija Subhau Rathi || Je Sukhasampaththi Saraga Narak Santhath Sanga Lagi | Hari! Parihari Soyi Jathan Karath Man Mor Abhagi || Mei Athi Dheena Dhayalu Deva Suni Man  Anurage | Jo Na Dhruvahu Raghubeera Dheera Dhukha Kahe Na Lage || Jadhdhyapi Mei Aparadhbhavana Dhukhasamana Murare |Tulasidasa Kaham Aas Yahai Bahu Pathitha Udhare ||