Wednesday 17 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi

 



Chapter -47 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - Sharanagathi

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Dhayalu, you are the ocean of mercy, if you are compassionate to distressed people, then I am one among those distressed people. Oh! Bhagavan, if you are highly generous-minded, then I am seeking alms with the assurance that you will not discourage me. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the destroyer of accumulated sins of the devotees, then I am a grave sinner before you. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the Lord of desolate and destitute, I am that pauper and deserted Jeeva before you. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the destroyer of the grief of worldly existence, then there is no one grieving like me. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the creator Bhrama, and I am the Jeeva. You are Swami/Lord and I am your servant, Oh! Bhagavan, you are my father, mother, preceptor, companion, relative, and most promising to me. Oh! Bhagavan, you and I have infinite relationships, you are Paramathma reside as a soul in the Jeeva, you are the source of the functioning of mind, intellect, Prana, Ahamkara, Chithth, Karma, and Gnanendhriyas, you are the creator, preserver and destroyer of the Universe and its living and non-living things, you are all-pervasive Bramham, you are the essence of the Universe and its living and non-living things, you are inseparable from Prakrithi/Maya, you are that supreme soul/Paramathma Paramapurusha. Oh! Kripalu, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon this Tulsi, so that I can take shelter at your lotus feet, get rid of interest in worldly matters and bondage, Ahamkara and Mamakara/body and I consciousness, impurities of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya.”


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj continues “Oh! Deva, Oh! Prabho, whom should I seek alms? Who is capable to fulfill my desires, so that I need not keep asking for alms further? Who is capable to destroy my sufferings of poverty and grief of worldly existence? Oh! Sri Ram, you symbolize Dharma, you have the loveliness of crores of Manmatha, you are flawless Lord of mine. You have pleasing nature, too generous, and extremely skilled in the usage of armaments. Oh! Dhasharathanandhan, you are always compassionate to your devotees, even during the toughest hours. You are too kind to Jeeva, even if they do not worship you or recite your scared names, or people who lack virtues, you never disappoint the Jeeva whoever approaches you. Oh! Bhagavan, I am Tulsidas standing before you with folded hands and seeking alms, kindly heed to my prayers, and sincerely wish to achieve pure devotion/Ananya Bhakti at your lotus feet, all that I need is your love and compassion, kindly give it as alms. Oh! Sri Ramachandra, you are that Chandrama/autumn moon, kindly make me the Chakora yearningly looking at the moon.”

 

79) Deva -  Thu Dhayalu Dheen Hai Thu  Dhani Hai Bhikhari | Hai Prasidhdha Pathaki Thu Papa Punjjahari || Nath Thu Anathako Anath Kaun Moso | Mo Samana Aarath Nahim Arathihara Thoso ||Bhrama Thu Hai Jeev Thu Hai Takur Hai Chero | Thatha Matha Guru Sakha Thu Sab Bidhi Hithu Mero || Thohim Nathe Aneka Maniyai Jo Bhavai | Jyo Jyo Tulasi Kripalu! Charana Sarana Pavai ||

 

80)  Deva -  Aur  Kahi Mangiye  Ko  Mangibo  Nivarai | Abimathdhathar Kaun Dhukha Dharidhra Dharai || Dharmadhama Rama Kama Kotiroopa Rooro | Sahab  Sab Bidhi Sujana Dhana Khataga Sooro || Susamaya Dhin  Dhvai Nisan Sabke Dhvar Bajai | Kusumaya Dhasarathke! Dhani Thai Gareeb Nivajai || Seva Binu Gunabiheena Dheenatha Sunaye | Je Je  Thai Nihala Kiye  Phoole  Phirath Paye || Tulasidas Jachak Ruchi Jani  Dhana Dheejai | Ramachandra Chandhra Thu Chakora Mohi Keejai ||