Monday 22 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi – Ramanama Mahima

 



Chapter -61 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - Sharanagathi  – Ramanama Mahima

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Bhagavan, I have already wasted all my life drenching in the Maya, now I am awake from the Samsaroopi Maya,  I will not  waste my life again in the dirt of Samsara, I have wasted good time holding on to the interest in worldly matters and bondage, I will not let my mind, intellect, and Indhriyas get trapped into the infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya /worldly matters of Samsararoopi Maya. I have achieved most beautiful and precious Ramanamaroopi Chinthamani, I have safely locked in my heart, and will not let it get lost. I will ensure that my heart and mind wedge on the Sri Ramanamaroopi Chinthamani, and practice my hands hold the prayer beads to recite the Ramanama. Oh! Raghunath, you have the most beautiful appearance of rain clouds, I shall prepare a stunning palanquin made of gold and diamonds to be seated for the Shyamsundhar, and fix it on my mind, I shall practice the contemplation and meditation upon the Supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra. Oh! Prabho, I have been dancing to the tune of my mind, and Indhriyas, ultimately, I made a big fool of mine, I have been chasing for material welfare, possession, richness, fame, wealth, money, attachment to wife, children, relatives, companion, etc. and it pushed me into extreme disgrace, grief, agony, and pain of separation. Now, I have been taught to control my mind Chithth, and Indhriyas, I need not go through all those pain and shame once again. Oh! Prabho, I have disciplined the Bhramararoopi Chithth to take pleasure at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Ramachandra. Oh! Prabho, I have decided not to let the mind and intellect and Indhriyas rush seeking worldly matters and bodily pleasures and I have trained them to take pleasure in the meditation and contemplation at your lotus feet.”        

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj continues “Whoever enriched with the pure devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Ramachandra are fortunate Jeeva. The Supreme Lord Rama is a storehouse of virtues, Sarvajja, symbolize piousness, valor, pleasant and kind-hearted. The Gautama Pathni Devi Ahalya, Nishadha, Vanara, bear, Rakshas, Shabari, and Pakshiraj Jatayu were not practiced any austerities, Yaga, Yoga, Thapa, Shama, Dhama, etc. they all got liberated with the mere recitation of Ramanama and purified themselves, later whoever sing in praise of their glories got purified and achieved the serenity of mind and easily crossed the unfathomable ocean Samsara. Sage Valmiki who was a hunter engaged in heinous crimes for livelihood did not leave a single sin, later he attained the grace of Sages and immersed in the recitation of Ramanama/Ma Ra, and achieved liberation and rose to the status of Adhikavi. The Pingala Veshya/prostitute who was selling her body for livelihood did not do any Bhakti/devotion, still she had achieved the grace of the Sage, immersed in the recitation of Ramanama and achieved liberation. The Gajaraj Gajendhra did not do any Ashwamedha or fire sacrifices to please the Lord, all that he has enjoyed the bodily pleasure with his family for several years, caught on the leg by the crocodile in the pond and none of the family could save him out of the mouth of the crocodile, he fought all alone for several thousands of years, got exhausted, finally cried out for ‘Adhimoola’, immediately Lord Hari protected him from the mouth of the crocodile and liberated both. The Pandavas, Vidura, cowherds of Vraja, Kubja/Kubdi, were purified by Lord Krishna seeing their unconditional love and devotion, still the fame of Lord Krishna is widely spoken and celebrated than any other deities. The Tribal, Kol, Bheel and Yavanas who were not used to purity or devotion, born in the lowly clan, cannot even practice the Ramanama, achieved the Paramagathi with the nearness to Lord, and their selfless service to Lord. Oh! Prabho, you are Lakshmipathi, eulogized by Veda, you are the destroyer of sufferings of worldly existence, you are the shrine of kindness, you are the protector of the distressed people, Oh! Bhagavan, there will be no one Mandhabudhdhi, Kutila, and Dhushtashiromani, like Tulsidas. Oh! Prabho, you are Pathitha Pavana, you have promised to protect the Jeeva who have taken shelter at your lotus feet, kindly remember your vow, I have bitten by the venomous serpent of Kalikalaroopi, kindly provide shelter at your lotus feet and protects me.”

 

105) Abalo Nasani Ab Na Sasaihau | Ramakripa Bhavanisa Sirani Jago Phiri Na  Dasauhau || Patheau Nama Charu Chinthamani Ura Kara The Na  Khasaihau | Syamaroopa Suchi Ruchira Kasauti Chith Kanchanahi Kasaihau ||Parasab Jani Hasyo In Indhrin Nija Bas Hyai Na  Hamsaihau | Man Madhukar Panakai Tulasi Raghupathi Padhakamala Basaihau ||

 

106) Maharaj Ramadharyo Dhanya Soyi | Garua Gunarasi Sarbagya Sukrithi Soor Seela Nidhi Sadhu Thehi Sama Na Koyi || Upala Kevat Kees Bhalu Nisichara Sabari Geedh Sama Dhama Dhaya Dhan Heene | Namaliye Ramakiye Paramapavana Sakala Nara  Tharath Thinake Gunagan Keene || Byadh Aparadhaki Sadh Rakhi Kaha Pingalai Kaun Mathi Bhagathi Bheyi | Kaun Dhau Somajaji Ajamil Adhama Kaun Gajaraj Dhau Bajpeyi || Pandusuth Gopika Bidura Kubari Sabari Sudhdha Kiye Sudhdhatha Les Kaiso | Prema Lakhi Krithsn Kiye Apne Thinhuko Sujas Samsar Hariharako Jaiso || Kol Khas Bheel Javanadhi Khal Ram Kahi Neech Hyai Oonch Padh Ko Na Payo | Dheena Dhukha Dhavana Sreeravana Karunabhavana Pathith Pavan Viradh Bedh Gayo ||Mandhamathi Kutila Khala Thilak Tulasi  Sarisa Bho Na  Thihum Lok Thihum Kala  Koau | Namaki Kani Pahichani Pan Aapno Grasith Kalivyala Rakhyo Sarana Soau ||