Monday 15 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The significance of Sharanagathi – Ramanama Mahima

 


Chapter - 110 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  – The significance of Sharanagathi – Ramanama Mahima

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I haven’t practiced devotion at your lotus feet, my mind and intellect were always been in the Vishayavisha, my mind always seeks pleasure in the infinite Nama Roop Dhrishya, and enjoys the worldly matters, hence I have never been in the association of Mahathma, Sadhu, noble souls, ascetics, /Sadhusangama or Sathsanga never got an opportunity to listen to the glorious myths of Sri Raghunath resembles the vibrant water currents of the sacred Ganga. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate, I haven’t practiced reciting the sacred names of you or haven’t taken taste in Bhagavath Prasadha, like the way my tongue search for Shadrasas/six types of taste in the meals served, and my nose always seeks for rich fragrant things. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate, haven’t yearned to get the touch of the lotus feet of Lord Sri Ramachandra, alas! this body has always been taken great pleasure in the company of Chandhravadhani Yuvathi/beautiful young women who has the luster of the full moon, and her fragrant musk, elegant garments, and precious ornaments. Oh! Prabho, I have committed various sins by mind, words and deeds, I have worshiped various deities, adopted various means of Yanthra, Manthra, Thanthra to get my desires fulfilled, alas! I did not get an opportunity to serve the lotus feet of Sri Raghunath. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Raghunath, you get easily pleased with the simple gestures of worship, you are too kind and compassionate to your worshiper, I haven’t practiced even the slightest devotion at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate, these legs stood before the doors of several people, yearning for wealth, alas! I haven’t stood before the hermitage of Sadhu, Santh, Mahathma/preceptor is none other Parameshwara, of Lord Sri Seetharam, not even in my dreams. Oh! Prabho, my each and every limb was afar from you, my hands did not serve you, my eyes did not take pleasure in your marvelous appearance, my ears did not listen to your glorious myths, my tongue did not recite your sacred names, my legs did not visit Theertha and shrines. Oh! Prabho, you are too kind to your devotees, you are Kripasagar, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, reciting your sacred name ‘Ra Ma’, hence I am confident that you will protect this Tulsi as well.”



170) Yo Man  Kabahu Thumhim Na Lagayo| Jyo Cchal Cchadi Subhav  Niranthar Rahath Bishaya Anuragayo || Jyo  Chithayi Paranari Sune  Pathak Prapanch Ghar Gharke | Thyo Na Sadhu Surasari Tharanga Nirmala Gunagan Raghubarke || Jyo Nasa Sugandharas Bas  Rasana Shatras Rathi Mani | Ramaprasadh Mal Jootan Lagi Jyo Na  Lalaki Lalachani || Chandhan Chandhbadhani Bhooshan Pat  Jyo  Chaha Pavar Parasyo | Thyo Raghupathipadh Padhuma Paras Ko Thanu Pathaki Na  Tharasyo || Jyo Sab  Bhanthi Kudeva Kudakur Seye Bapu Bachan Hiye  Hu | Thyo Na  Ram Sukrithagya  Je  Sakuchath Sakrith Pranam Kiye  Hu || Chanchal Charan Lobh Lagi  Lolup  Dhvar Dhvar  Jag  Bage | Ramasiya Asthramani Chalath Thyo Bhaye  Na  Sthramith Abhage || Sakala Ang Padha Bimukha Nath Mukha Namaki Aaut  Layi Hai | Hai Tulsi Him Paratheethi Yek  Prabhu Moorathi Kripamayi Hai ||