Thursday 4 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Bhakti, Gnana, Vairagya to get rid of impurities of the mind and achieve serenity

 



Chapter - 86 -Sri Vinaya Pathrika  -  Bhakthi, Gnana, Vairagya to get rid of impurities of the mind and achieve serenity

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Ramachandra, Oh! Raghunayak, how did I appeal to you? I am anxious to approach you because you are Anagha/sinless, and I am sinful.  Oh! Prabho, I have no virtues or kindness in me, the noble-souls, Mahatmas get saddened easily watching the grief of others, and they get cheerful at the happiness of others, I have not followed any of their virtues in my life. I am getting extremely happy while others are in trouble and getting jealous of others' achievements. I give lessons on Bhakti, Gnana, and Vairagya, and encourage others to follow Dharma and disciplines to get rid of impurities of the mind and achieve serenity, I have not practiced anything that I have preached, alas! I am not following any austerities or Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Shaucham, Dhaya, Ahimsa, Thithiksha, Arjjavam, the vow of silence and celibacy, etc. to get rid of my impurities of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya, and the excessive interest in Shabdha, Sparsha, Rasa, Roop, Gandh. Oh! Prabhu, I am giving lectures on Shivaswaroop Paramathma Parambhramam, and glories of Ramanama that resemble Anandhadham/supreme bliss, beloved of Lord Mahadeva, in this way earning money and filling my stomach. Oh! Bhagavan, my sins are ocean-like vast, even after committing various sins I am not like to address myself ‘Papi’, all I want to hear from others that ‘Punyathma’, and if anyone points out my mistakes, I could not control my grief. I have practiced speaking hugely about the silly mistakes of others, and portrait them as mountain-sized, but I am ignoring the mountain-sized virtues of others or praise them, even though I am earning grains and money singing in praise of you, I have not practiced meditation or contemplation sincerely. Oh! Prabhu, I have committed countless sins, I have not practiced any austerities or I do not have any virtues, hence I have no hope of liberation from repeated births. Oh! Prabhu, still I am hoping to earn your compassionate grace, so that I could cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence, as effortless as the waterfilled footprints of the cow.”

 

141) Ramachandra ! Raghunayak Thumso Hau Binathi Kehi Bhanthi Karau | Adha Aneka Avaloki Aapne  Anagha Nama Anumani Darau || Paradhukha Dhukhi Sukhi Parasukha The Santhseel Nahim Hridhaya Dharau | Dhekhi Aanaki Bipathi Paramasukha Suni Sampathi Binu  Aagi Jarau || Bhagathi Birag Gyana Sadhana Kahi Bahu Bidhi  Dahakath Loga Phirau | Siva Sarabas Sukhadhama Nama Thava Bechi Narakapradha Udhar Bharau || Janath Hau Nija Papa Jaladhi Jiya Jalaseekar Sama Sunath Larau | Raja Sama Para Avaguna Sumeru Kari Guna Giri Sama Rajathe Nidharau || Nana Besha Banaya Divasa Nisi Parabith Jehi  Thehi Juguthi Harau | Yekau Pal Na  Kabahu Alola Chitha Hitha Dhai Padhsaroja Sumirau || Jo Aacharan Bicharahu Mero Kalpa Koti Lagi Auti Marau | Tulasidasa Prabhu Kripa  Bilokani Gopadh Jyo Bhavasindhu Tharau ||