Friday 5 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The importance of the practice of Bhakthi, Gnana, Vairagya

 




Chapter - 87 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  -  The importance of the practice of Bhakthi, Gnana, Vairagya


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Kripanidhi, Oh! Ram, I am so embarrassed and undeserved to plea before you, I have been against Dharma, I did not follow any austerities or Dharma, how did I request you to protect me? Oh! Nath, you have been too kind to me always, I would like to employ my mind and intellect to practice meditation and contemplation upon Sri Hari, leaving the interest in worldly matters, Ahamkara and Mamakara, alas! my Nethraroopi Pathanga/fireflies getting drawn towards the Kaminiroopi/Sthree resembles fire, and getting burn into ashes. Oh! Prabho, it is extremely difficult to achieve birth as a human, I am prompting the Jeevas to achieve the fruitfulness of the rare birth as a human, encouraging them to achieve the fruitfulness of the ears listening to the glorious legends of supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra. Alas! my ears were always searching for the gossip and rumors/Paradhooshan, taking them into the heart and getting disappointed. Oh! Prabho, the fruitfulness of the tongue is reciting the glorious names of Lord Sri Ramachandra, and singing in praise of your virtues that could provide Paramasukha Paramanandha.  Alas! I am hopeless, wasting my birth finding fault in others and keep croaking like a frog and irritating others. Oh! Prabho, I am giving long lectures to others about keep their heart pure and free from impurities of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha and Mathshcharya, Ahamkara and Mamakara, so that they could feel the presence of Sri Hari in it. Alas! my heart is filled with impurities and Ahamkara and Mamakara, always yearn for the association of wicked people/Dhushta Mandali. Oh! Prabho, I have wasted the precious and rarest birth as a human, the Sadhakas utilizes to achieve Paramanandha Prapthi/supreme bliss, engages in austerities, Japa, Thapa, Dhyana, Shamadhamadhi, etc. alas! I have been ignorant who discards the nectar pot stored at home, and making a futile effort of digging well on the sky. I have committed various sins by words, mind, and deeds, I am tactfully hiding them all away from others, if I have performed any auspicious deed by the advice of others or Eshwara Kripa, I do publicize them shamelessly. I have been harsh to twice-born, I have kept hostility with the people around me, even after all these without any shame like Budhdhibhrashta, I am praising my virtues and intellect seating in the middle of Santh Mahathmas. Oh! Prabho, I have committed several sins, if Devi Sharadha and Adishesha with the thousand tongues prepared to count them all, it would be impossible for them, and it will last for Kalpa, how could I narrate those? Oh! Prabho, If I start recollecting all those sins committed by words, mind, and deeds, it would be impossible for me to stand before you and plead, I have no courage to do that. Oh! Sri Ramachandra, still, I am gathering courage by remembering your endless virtues, and pleasant nature. Oh! Prabho, I am Tulsidas, I have no virtues or haven’t practiced any austerities, Sathyam, Dhaya, Shaucham, Shama, Dhama, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, Thithiksha, Swadhyaya, Athmavichara, etc. so that I could remember any of those virtues in my dreams. Oh! Nath, your compassionate grace is capable to transform the unfathomable ocean of Samsara into water-filled footprints of the cow, Jeeva whoever taken shelter at your lotus feet would effortlessly cross the ocean of worldly existence, and that thought itself makes me delightful.”

 

142) Sakuchath Hau Athi Ram Kripanidhi! Kyo Kari Binaya Sunavai | Sakaladharma Bipareeth Karathi Kehi Bhanthi Nath ! Man Bhavai || Janath Hau Hari Roop Charachar Mei Hati Nayan Na Lavai | Anjan Kesa Sikha Juvathi Thaham Lochana Salaba Padavaui|| Shravananiko Phal Katha Thumhari  Yah Samucchai Samucchavai | Thinha Shravanani Paradhosh Niranthar Suni Suni Bhari Bhari Thavai || Jehi Rasana Guna Gayi Thihare Binu Prayasa Sukh Pavai | Thehi Mukh Par Apavadh Bhek Jyo Rati Rati Janama Nasavai || Karahu Hridhaya Athi  Bimala Basahim Hari  Kahi Kahi Sabahim Sikhavai | Hau Nija Ura Abhimana Moha Madh Khal  Mandali Basavai || Jo Thanu Dhari Haripadh Sadhahi Jan So Binu Kaj Gavavai | Hatak Ghat Bhari Dharyo Sudha  Griha Thaji Nabha Koop Khanavai||  Mana Krama Vachana Layi Keenhe Adha The Kari Jathan Dhuravai | Para Prerith Irsha Bas  Kabahuk Kiya Kacchu Subha So  Janavai || Bipradhroh Janu Bant Paryo Hati Sabso Bair Badavai | Thahupar Nija Mathi Bilas Sab Santhan Manjj Ganavai || Nigama Ses Saradh Nihori Jo  Apane  Dhosh Kahavai | Thai Na  Sirahim Kalp Sath  Lagi Prabhu Kaha Yek Mukh Gavai || Jo Karani Aapani Bicharau  Thau Ki  Saran Hau Aavai | Mridhula Subhau Seela Raghupathiko So Bal Manhim Dhikhavai || Tulasidas Prabhu So  Guna Nahim Jehi Sapanehum Thumahi Rijjavai| Natha Kripa Bhavasindhu Dhenupadh Sama Jo Jani Siravai ||