Tuesday 23 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Ramanama Mahima – The significance of Bhakti/devotion

 


Chapter – 134 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  – Ramanama Mahima – The significance of Bhakti/devotion

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Ram, Oh! Nath, I have heard of your nobleness and kindness to your devotees, kindly protect me. Oh! Prabho, the evilness of the Kali era destroyed the ways to achieve Paramarththa and Moksha, it ruined the superior methods to achieve Moksha and auspiciousness, it wiped off  all the austerities such as Shama, Dhama, Shaucham, Sathyam, Dhaya, Ahimsa, Astheyam, Bhramacharya, Arjjavam, Swadhyaya, Athmavichara, etc. thus the ways to get rid of the grief of Samsara has become impossible, hence I have drenched in the Ahamkara, Mamakara, Dhambha, interest in worldly matters, possession, richness, fame, money, attachment to wife, children, relatives, and companion, etc., taken great pleasure in the infinite Shabdha, Sparsha, Rasa, Roopa, and Gandha.  Oh! Prabho, my mind, and intellect are easily get wedged to the infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya which could provide nothing but grief, in this way I have mounted immense grief, thus pleasant things are running out of hand, and the unwanted things added up in the life which took away serenity of mind, whenever I work to bring pleasantness in life, all that I am earning humiliation and grief.  Oh! Prabho, my mind, and intellect drenched in Ahamkara, Mamakara, lust, desire, ego, anger, pride, and jealousy, therefore I lost peace and serenity of mind, constantly pushed to redundant thoughts and anxiousness. Oh! Prabho, the absence of serenity of mind thrown me to fall sick, I am worried of illness too. My Karam, Vachan, Man has become impure, even though I have been deceitful in the whole life, I have made an honest and fair relationship with you, I am fortunate that you have accepted the relationship with this wicked Tulsi.”

 

195) Bali  Jau Hau Rama Gusayi | Keejai Kripa Apani Nayi || Paramarath Surpur Sadhan Sab Swarath Sukhadh Bhalayi | Kali  Sakop Lopi Suchal Nija Kadin Kuchal Chalayi || Jaham Jaham Chith Chithvath  Hith Thaham Nith Nav Vishadh Adhikayi | Ruchi Bhavathi Bhabhari Bhagahi Samuhahim Amitha Anbhayi || Aadhi Bhagan Man Byadhi Bikal Than Bachana Maleen Juttayi | Yethehu Par Thumsau Tulasiki Prabhu Sakala Saneha Sagayi ||