Monday 12 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi

 


Chapter 191 – Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sharanagathi


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, you are my father, I am your child, Oh! Prabho, I have lost the opportunity to achieve Mukthi/get rid of sufferings of Samsara, due to my Ahamkara, Mamakara, interest in worldly matters, possession, richness, wealth, money, fame, attachment to wife, children, relatives, and companions, interest in Nama, Rasa, Roopa, Sparsha, Gandha, etc. Oh! Prabho, kindly protect this Lobhi and wicked Jeeva, you have protected all those distressed Jeeva who have taken shelter at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, my limbs are not cooperating with me due to old age and illnesses, mind and intellect are drenched in lust, desires, ego, pride, jealousy and anger, and the tongue is not tired of finding fault in others, telling lies or hurting others. Oh! Prabho, I have failed to achieve the fruitfulness of life by Man/mind – Karama/deeds and Bani/words, I did not practice Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Astheyam, Bhramacharya, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, Dhrithi, Kshama, etc. Oh! Kripanidhi, you are the only one who could protect me from the sufferings and grief of Samsara, you are the protector of Sadhanaheena Jeeva, you are the purifier of sinners, you are the source of happiness of distressed and orphaned Jeeva, you are the safest asylum to the homeless, Oh! Prabho, you are Dheenabandhu and Dhayalu, I have not a single virtue in me, I have drenched in Ahamkara and Mamakara, been considered as flawless, never felt like an orphan, distressed, or helpless, that caused obstacles to achieve your Kripa. I have never practiced fighting against the innate enemies of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, or won over them, hence I am going through hellish tortures of Thapathrya/Adhidheivik, Adhibhauthik and Adhyathmik, I am ripening the fruits of the seeds which I scattered; hence I have to take the blame on me. Oh! Prabho, I have been acting like a Sadhu/ascetic, but committed several sins which are uncountable, larger than the Kali era could offer. My mind and intellect wedged in the infinite Nama, Roopa Dhrishya, and has been indulged in material welfare and bodily pleasure, therefore I have been drawn towards the Mahamoharoopi Samsara, completely withdrawn from the Bhagavath Prapthi, Shamadhamadhi, and austerities, all that I was engaged in Vishayavisharoopi material matters and attachment to people. Oh! Maharaj, I have spent whole life in the chase of material matters and bodily pleasure, been in the association of wicked and deceitful people, thus I have lost the achievement of Bhagavath Prapthi and serenity of mind, even after achieving the rarest birth as a human, but somehow, I have managed to taken shelter in the ‘Ramanama’. Oh! Sri Ramachandra, your sacred name ‘Rama’ could create miracles in the life of Jeeva who have taken shelter in it, I think I have taken shelter in the Ramanama which was already written in my fate by the Vidhatha. Oh! Prabho, I have committed several sins due to ignorance/illusion that displeased you, I have nothing else to please you other than my shameless, I shall  bow before your lotus feet, begging for pure love and devotion as alms, hence kindly protect me.”

 


252) Bap! Aapne  Karath Meri Dhani Ghati Gayi | Lalachi Labaraki Sudhariye Barak  Bali  Ravari Bhalayi Sabahi Ki Bhali Bhayi || Rogabas Thanu Kumanorath Malina Manu Par  Apabadh Miththya Badh Bani Hayi| Sadhanaki Yesi Bidhi Sadhan Bina Na  Sidhi  Bigari Banavai Kripanidhi Ki Kripa Nayi || Pathitha Pavan Hith Aarath Anathani Ko Niradhara Ko Aadhar Dheenabandhu Dhayi | Inhame Na Yekai Bhayo Boojji Na Joojjyo Na Jayo  Thahithe Thrithapa  Thayo Luniyath Bayi || Svanga Soodho Sadhuko Kuchali Kalithe Adhika Paralok Pheeki Mathi Lokaranga Rayi | Bade Kusamaj Raj! Aajulau Jo Paye Dhin Maharaj! Kehu Bhanthi Namaaut Layi || Ram! Namako Prathap Janiyath Neeke Aap  Moko Gathi Dhoosari Na Bidhi Nirabhayi | Kheejibe Layak Karthab Koti  Koti Katu Reejjibe Layak Tulasi  Ki  Nilajayi ||