Thursday 15 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Kala/Time, Karma/deeds, and Swabhava/impulsions causes grief

 



Chapter 198 – Sri Vinaya Patrika –Kala/Time, Karma/deeds, and Swabhava/impulsions causes grief

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Dheenabandhu, you are the protector of the distressed and depraved Jeeva, I have already taken shelter at your lotus feet, Oh! Prabho, do not let the description of Veda and scriptures go in vain, the recitation of your sacred name ‘Ram’ is the savior from the miseries and sufferings of Samsara, removes the impurities of the mind, and provides bliss to the Jeeva who have taken shelter in it.  Oh! Prabho, you are Dheenabandhu, I am a grave sinner who has already taken refuge at your lotus feet and Ramanama, if I did not achieve your grace the people may speak ill about you, that I cannot bear, instead I would prefer to die in the blaze of grief. I am an unfortunate Jeeva, drenched in Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya, on top of that the Kali era pushing me into sinful deeds, hence I have become Parathanthra/seeking pleasure in the material matters, richness, wealth, money, fame, possession, attachment to wife, children, relatives, and companion, ultimately it multiplied my grief and sufferings. Oh! Kripalu, you are eminent, kindly protect me otherwise I will end up in a miserable state at the final hours of death, you cannot bear to witness your devotees in trouble. Oh! Prabho, Karmakandi/Jeeva engaged in religious and spiritual rites for livelihood, Dharmathma /Jeeva engaged in Dharmic rites, charities, building shelter homes, construct pleasure garden, ponds and well for the welfare of the people, Sadhu Santh Mahathma/inspires the Jeeva to take up austerities, impart the knowledge of Paramarththa Thaththva, knowledge in Veda, Vedantha and scriptures, the sincere servant of Lord  and his devotees, Virakthathma/renounced soul, and finally the Vishayijeeva who is immersed in the worldly matters, chasing after material welfare and bodily pleasure would achieve their rebirth according to their deeds, but who will give protection to me? I have been Kuputhra, Sadhanaheen, and unfortunate Jeeva, hence no one would offer protection. Oh! Dhayalo, Kala/Time and Karma/deeds change the life of the Jeeva, the Karma performed with sudden impulses cannot retrieve, hence I have to reap the fruits of my Karma, hence no one will protect me other than you. Oh! Ram, I promise you, after taking into consideration of my Man/mind, Vachan/words, Karama/deeds, there will be no one to protect this Tulsi, other than you.”

 

259) Ravari Sudhari  Jo  Bigari Bigaraigi Meri  Kahai Bali Bedhaki Na Lok  Kaha Kahaige? Prabhuko  Udhas Bhaau Janako Papa  Prabhau Dhuhu Bhanthi Dheenabandhu! Dheena Dhukha Dhahaigo|| Mei Tho Dhiyo Cchathi Pabi Layo Kalikala Dhabi Sansathi Sahath Parbas Ko Na  Sahaigo? Banki Birudhavali Banaigi Pale Hi Kripalu! Anth Mero Hal Heri Thai Na Man Rahaigo|| Karami Dharami Sadhusevak Birath Rath Aapni Bhalayi Thal Kaham Kaun Lahaigo? There Muha Phere Mose Kayar Kapooth Koor Late  Latpateni Ko Kaun  Parigahaigo? || Kala Paya Phirath Dasa  Dhayalu! Sabhiki Thohi Binu Mohi Kabahu Na Koau Chahaigo| Bachan Karama Hiye Kahai  Ram! Sauha Kiye  Tulasi Pai Nathke Nibaheyi Nibahaigo||