Tuesday 26 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Illusion results in excessive interest in worldly matters



Chapter – 57 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Illusion results in excessive interest in worldly matters

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have sold out myself to your powerful Maya/illusion, I am feeling suffocated, like the cow tied to the noose, and completely restricted to move. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sripathi/consort of Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi, I haven’t practiced devotion at your lotus feet, or not engaged in the worship of you, or in singing in praise of you. Oh! Prabho, I have swollen with pride, arrogance, lust, desire, anger, ego, jealousy, I have completely forgotten the purpose of my birth, and chasing after the material pleasures. Oh! Prabho, due to my increased interest in worldly matters, infinite Shabdha/sounds, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/passion, Roopa/appearances, and Gandha/smells, I have become arrogant, thereby committed various sins. Oh! Prabho, I am ignorant, I haven’t yet satisfied with the pleasures in worldly matters, like the person who has taken great pleasure in excessive sleep, due to my ignorance I have hurled myself into the utter darkness of ignorance, forgotten the absolute truth/Paramaraththa Thaththva, or did not realize the all-pervasive supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in me. Oh! Prabho, I am blind by birth, I have only one eye/Gnanachakshu/eye of wisdom, that too got manipulated by your powerful Maya.”


Ab  Hau Maya Hath Bikanau | Parabasa Bhayau Pasu Jyau Rajubasa Bhajyau Na Sreepathi Ranau|| Himsa Madha Mamatha Rasa Bhoolyau Aasahi Lapatanau | Thahi Karatha Adheena  Bhayau Hau Nidhra Athi Na  Aghanau || Apane Hi Ajjana Thimira Mei Bisaryau Parama Dikanau| Surdasa Ki Yek Aankhi Hai Thahu Mei Kacchu Kanau ||