Tuesday 26 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Swadhyaya/The practice of reciting the sacred text, and Veda to get rid of the darkness of ignorance

 



Chapter – 58 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Swadhyaya/The practice of reciting the sacred text, and Veda to get rid of the darkness of ignorance

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Thrithapahari/destroyer of three kinds of grief of Adhidheivik, Adhibhauthik, and Adhyathmik, why do the distressed soul conduct in search for you and surrender at your lotus feet? Oh! Prabho, kindly listen to me, I have taken several births, and I have been wandering on the air, water, and Earth by taking births in different wombs. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, I am an orphan, I am blind by birth, how can I take asylum in the Vedaroopi/the supreme Bhramam symbolizes Veda and Vedanga?, hence I did not learn Veda or scriptures or any other sacred texts which is the source of intellect and supreme wisdom, therefore I have forced myself to commit various sins, leaving the Dharmic deeds. Oh! Prabho, there is no one to protect me other than you, who would shower compassionate grace upon me? Oh! Prabho, I have no Sathbudhdhi/supreme knowledge or Sathsang/association with the noble souls, Santh, Mahathma, who symbolizes walking stick to guide me to the path of righteousness. Oh! Prabho, all I am seeing is your powerful Maya engulfed in the Universe, like the vast ocean in the ten directions, how did I save myself from your unconquerable Maya/illusion?  And interest in infinite sounds, touch, smell, passion, etc.? Oh! Prabho, I am helpless and terrified, stuck in the middle of the ocean of worldly existence, I am continuously calling out for help, I haven’t earned any pieties in my previous births to save me. Oh! Shyamsundhar, how did I get relieved from the darkness of ignorance? Oh! Prabho, the impurities of mind such as ignorance, arrogance, lust, desire, anger, ego, jealousy, pride won’t leave me in the absence of the light from the sparkling toenails from your lotus feet.”


Dheena Jana Kyau Kari Aavai Sarana? Bhoolyau Phiratha Sakala Jala Thala Maga Sunahu Thapathraya Harana || Parama Anatha Bibeka Naina Binu Nigama Yena Kyau Pavai ? Paga Paga Paratha Karma Thama Koopahi Ko Kari Kripa Bachavai? Nahi Kara Lakuti Sumathi SathSangathi Jihi Aadhara Anusarayi | Prabala Apara Moha Nidhi Dhasa Dhisi Su Dhau Kaha Ab  Karayi || Akhutitha Ratatha Sameetha Sasamkitha Sukritha Sabdha Nahi Pavai | Sur Syama Padha Nakha Prakasa Binu Kyo Kari Thimira Nasavai ||