Wednesday 27 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of devotion

 


Chapter – 59 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of devotion


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, your unconquerable Maya/illusion, has completely taken over my intellect, I am not in a position to think good and bad, Oh! Karunamaya/ocean of mercy, that was the reason I have completely abandoned the practice of devotion and worship of you and chased after the material pleasures such as possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. I have completely soaked in lust, desire, ego, pride, anger, jealousy, hence I have lost peace of mind, I haven’t practiced devotion or worship of Lord Sri Hari, or I haven’t performed any righteous deeds, I have been hurling into different wombs of animals, birds, reptiles, etc. like the deer with the marvelous Kasthuri/fragrant substance stored on its navel, does not know the worth of it, hence it wanders all around chasing for fragrances. Oh! Prabho, I have been like that Kasthuri deer, did not realize the Paramarththa Thaththva/the absolute truth, and the all-pervasive supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in me which is changeless, eternal bliss, pure, free from dualities, it has neither birth nor death. Oh! Prabho, I did not meditate or complete upon the Sacchidhanandha Swaroopa Paramathma Parambhramam resides as the soul which is eternal bliss, instead, I was chasing after material pleasures/Mrigathrishna running after the destructible nature of the Prakrithi of infinite names, sounds, appearances, smell, touch, and passion. Oh! Prabho, when were your devotees have undergone miseries and grief of worldly existence? Oh! Prabho, you have always saved your promise to protect the distressed souls who have taken shelter at your lotus feet, and you haven’t made any delay to reach out to their cries.”


Ab Sir Pari Dagaigi Deva | Thathau Bibasa  Bhayau Karunamaya Cchadi Thihari Seva || Maya Manthra Padatha Mana Nisi Dhin Moha Moorccha Aanath | Jyau Mriga Nabhi Kamala Nija Anudhina Nikata Rahath Nahi Janath || Bhrama Madha Mathth Kama Thrishna Rasa Bega  Na Kramai Gahyau | Sur Yek Pal Gaharu Na Keenhyau Kihi  Juga  Ithau Sahayau ?