Wednesday 27 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The destructible nature of material pleasure/possession, fame, richness, wealth, children, wife, companion, relatives, money, etc.

 



Chapter – 60 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The destructible nature of material pleasure/possession, fame, richness, wealth, children, wife, companion, relatives, money, etc.

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, most of my life have wasted chasing after the infinite Nama/names, Roopa/appearances, Rasa/passion, Sparsha/touch, and smell/Gandha. I haven’t practiced devotion or worship of Lord Sri Hari, or sing in praise of the endless glorious legends of the Lord. Did I achieve anything material well-being after following your unconquerable Maya? No, absolutely not, in both the ways I have proven myself a loser. Oh! Prabho, I haven’t been successful in achieving the supreme Knowledge/Paramarththa Thatthva by Swadhyaya, that is ‘All the material things/Prakrithi is destructible nature, and the all-pervasive Bhamam resides as a soul in the Jeeva is indestructible/Purusha’ or I did not practice various austerities, vows, celibacy, non-violence, charity, self-c0ntrol, meditation, Pranayama, kindness truthfulness, Astheya, Arjjavam, Dhamam, Shamam, etc. or I did not get rid of the impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, anger, pride, jealousy, ignorance, and arrogance or I did not achieve serenity of mind or fruitfulness of birth or welfare of afterlife. Alas! did I achieve any material pleasures? Oh! Prabho, I have wasted my life running after the material pleasure of fleeting nature, such as possession, fame, wealth, money, richness, children, wife, companion, relatives, and thrown myself into Thapathrya/three kinds of grief, like the Madhumakki/honey bee that wander all around the forest to collect honey from the flowers and deposit into the hives, one fine day, the hunter would take away all that honey stored, pushing the bees into deep distress. Oh! Prabho, your Maya is like that hunter who steal away the beehive, it has manipulated my intellect, pushed me into the darkness of ignorance, and has stolen my life. Oh! Prabho, you have protected me from the Pakhand/ untrustworthy, interest in worldly matters/Samsara, and my interest in wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, relatives, and companions like fleeting natured worldly pleasures, now I have developed a pure love to that supreme Lord Sri Hari, who resides as a soul in the Jeeva, eventually, I have lost interest in worldly matters.”

 

 Maya Dhekhatha Hi Ju Gayi | Na  Harihitha Na  Thuhitha In Mei Yekau Thau Na Bhayi ! Jyau Madhumakhi Sanchathi Niranthar Ban Ki Aut Layi | Byakula Hoth Hare Jyau Sarabasa Aankhini Dhoori Dhayi || Sutha Santhana Khajana Banitha Rathi Dhana Saman  Unayi | Rakhe Sur Pavana Pakhanda Hathi Kari  Jo Preethi  Nayi ||