Thursday 28 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The Universe and its living and non-living things are bound by Death/Time/Mrithyu

 



Chapter – 61 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The Universe and its living and non-living things are bound by Death/Time/Mrithyu

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have spent most of my life wandering here and there, getting attached to the worldly matters of infinite names, appearances, passion, smell, and sounds, I have been completely drenched in your powerful Maya/illusion, and I have lost the two eyes of wisdom, and knowledge. Oh! Prabho, my mother had to suffer hellish torture while I was in her womb, after birth I had to go through the endless sufferings of worldly matters. Oh! Prabho,  Oh! Thribhuvanapathi,/Lord of three worlds, my mother passed away while giving birth to me, hence she has protected herself from further sufferings of Samsara. Oh! Prabho, I haven’t practiced devotion or worship at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, I have not listened to the glorious legends of Srimad Bhagavath, I was completely soaked in worldly matters such as possession, fame, richness, money, wealth, children, relatives, companion, etc. of fleeting nature, thereby constantly undergone three types of grief/Thapathraya 1) grief caused by aging, illnesses, fear of death, and separation from beloved ones 2) grief caused by the increased attachment to possession, richness, fame, wealth, money, wife, children, companion, relatives, etc 3) grief caused by the natural calamities, earthquake, famine, drought, flood, wildfire, epidemic, etc. Oh! Mortals, Prakrithi/Universe, and its living and non-living things are destructible, none can escape from the clutches of Mrithyu/death/Time, the renounced souls/liberated souls/Bhramajjyani who has the knowledge of absolute truth/Paramarththa Thaththva is the only one escape from the constant sufferings and grief of worldly existence and repeated births.”

 

Itha Utha Dhekhath Janama Gayau | Ya Jooti Maya Kai Karana Dhuhyu Dag Andha Bhayau || Janama Kashta  Thai Mathu Dhukhith Bhayi Athi Dhukha Prana Sahyau | Vai  Thribhuvana Pathi Bisari Gaye Thohi Sumiratha Kyau Na Rahyau || Sreebhagavath Sunyau Nahi Kabahu Bichahi Bhataki Maryau| Surdasa Kahai Sab Jaga Boodyau Juga Juga Bhakth Tharyau ||