Wednesday 18 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The observance of austerities to achieve serenity of mind

 


Chapter – 98-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The observance of austerities to achieve serenity of mind

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have neglected the rarest birth as a human, I did not practice Japa, Thapa, Dhyanam, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Astheyam, Arjjavam, Ahimsa, Shamam, Dhamma, Bhramacharya, Swadhyaya, etc. hence I did not achieve the serenity of mind and fruitfulness of my life. Oh! Prabho, I have given unwanted struggles and labor pain to my mother while in the womb, and suffering after birth. Oh! Prabho, I was born dull-minded, so I have not engaged in the worship of Lord Sri Hari, or not practiced celibacy, vows, austerities, self-control, charity, kindness, truthfulness, non-violence, etc. or I did not strive to get rid of interest in worldly matters of possession, richness, wealth, money, fame, wife, children, companion, relatives, etc. or I did not get rid of lust, desire, ego, jealousy, anger, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. All that I have developed my wickedness and deceitfulness being in the association of people drenched in worldly matters. Oh! Prabho, you are the essence of the Universe and its living and non-living things, you are all-pervasive Bhramam reside as a soul in the Jeeva, you are omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, after all these, you have been silently witnessed the atrocities of your powerful Maya/illusion, who have taken complete control of living and non-living things in the Universe. Oh! Prabho, your powerful Maya has taken away the wealth of pieties earned in several births. Oh! Mortals, sing in praise of the virtues of Lord Sri Hari and get rid of Thapathraya/three kinds of grief and repeated births.”

Biratha Janma Liyau Samsar | Kari Kabahu Na Bhakthi Hari Ki  Mari Janani Mar ||  Jajja Japa Thapa Nahi Keenhyau Alpa Mathi Bisthar | Pragata Prabhu Nahi Dhoori Hai Thu Dhekhi Naina Pasar || Prabala Maya Dagyau Sab Jaga Janama Jua Har | Sur Hari Kau Sujasa Gavau Jahi Miti Bhavabhar ||