Friday 20 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Sharanagathi/surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari in the later years of age

 


Chapter – 101-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Sharanagathi/surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari in the later years of age

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Yadhunath, Oh! Prabho, I have reached the later years of age, my limbs have become fragile, my movements have been restricted, my mind is not willing to co-operate with the limbs, my sense organs are not functioning properly, and I have lost enthusiasm, luster, loveliness, fame, attractiveness, etc. Oh! Prabho, the days of childhood, adulthood, and youthfulness which were ruled by the Thithi, Nakshathra, Vara, Lagna, Graha, etc. that represents Lord Sri Hari, was impressive. Oh! Prabho, no one is interested to watch my horoscope in the later years of age, because I have lost all the enthusiasm, glories, and attractiveness, hence the people have lost their interest and expectation in me, and no one is interested to approach me to fulfill their objectives. Oh! Prabho, I have been drenched in the interest of worldly matters, my entire life has been spent in amassing wealth, richness, possession, and purchases of houses and properties for the children and wife, I have been adding the highest honor to my family and the welfare of the members. Alas! In my later years of age, no one in the family cares for me or expresses their concern, all have turned their faces away from me, I was completely neglected, and the dogs once that have taken pleasure on my lap have turned away from me. Oh! Prabho, I have abandoned by my own people as the years pass by, like the Varshika Panchanga/yearly sacred text details about the upcoming events around the globe/ that has no use once it's read, cannot be re-used. Oh! Prabho, I shall surrender at your lotus feet, my Karmadhosha/sins committed by mind, word, deed/troubled me with the constant pain, miseries, and sufferings of worldly existence/Thapathraya/three kinds of grief, kindly protect me.”


Sabani Sanehau Cchadi Dhayau | Ha Jadhunatha! Jara Than Prasyau Prathimau Uthari Gayau || Soyi Thithi Bar Nacchathra Lagana Praha Soyi Jihi Dat Dayau | Thin Ankani Koau Phiri Nahi Banchath Gath Swarath Samayau || Soyi Dhana Dhama Nama Soyi Kula  Soyi Jihi Bidyau | Ab Sabahi Kau Badhana Swan Lau  Chithvath Dhoori Bhayau || Barasha Dhivasa Kari Hoth Purathan Phiri Phiri Likhath Nayau | Nija Krith Dhosha Bichari Sur Prabhu! Thumhari Sarana Gayau ||