Wednesday 25 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika - The miserable state of later years of age

 


Chapter – 109-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The miserable state of later years of age

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have understood that I have reached the later years of my age, and my limbs have become fragile hence the movements are restricted, the sense organs have lost their power, my limbs are not following the instructions of the brain, and I have become less productive, the body is aching and mind is gloomy always, constantly falling prey to illnesses, sometimes my speeches are muddling, speak something which was not intended, even the speeches are not coordinating with my mind, hence I can’t express my feelings by words, my eyesights has become poor, constant drooling from the mouth has become a mockery, my intellect and visions are weak, mind and body are not willing to function as they were used to be in the good days. The capacity to think and act fast has completely stopped. Oh! Prabho, I have become miserable, motionless, and require somebody’s help to perform my routine, I heartily pray for putting an end to the sufferings of worldly existence. Oh! Mortals, do not take pride in your body or material possession, wealth, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. it has fleeting nature, either you have to leave them, or it may leave you, therefore, abandon the interest in worldly matters, and contemplate and meditate upon Lord Sharangapani/Lord Rama and sing in praise of his endless glories.”


Ab Mei Jani Dheha Budani | Sees Pau Kar Kahyau Na Manath Than Ki Dhasa Sirani || Aan Kahath Aanau Kahi Aavath Naina Nak Bahai Pani | Miti Gayi Chamak Dhamak Anga Anga Ki Mathi Aru Dhrishti Hirani || Nahi Rahi Kacchu Sudhi Than Man Ki Bhayi Ju Bath Birani| Surdas Ab Hoth Biguchani Bhaji Lai Sarangapani ||