Wednesday 25 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The abundance of wealth and richness in the absence of ‘Sri Ramanama Smaran’ and worship of Lord Sri Hari is fruitless

 



Chapter – 110-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The abundance of wealth and richness in the absence of ‘Sri Ramanama Smaran’ and worship of Lord Sri Hari is fruitless

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, whenever I was into trouble, I was taken refuge at your lotus feet and all those anxieties disappeared instantly, at these later years of age, my mind became weak, and my intellect became dim, I can’t even remember your sacred names. Oh! Prabho, I was enthusiastically engaged in serving the distressed and remained in the association of your devotees, now I have become motionless, my limbs have become fragile, and I require someone to help me to perform my routine tasks. Oh! Prabho, you have been kind and compassionate to your devotees, like the eyelid protects the eyes from the dust. Oh! Prabho, whenever I was in fear and anxiety in the foreign lands, oceans, unknown regions, forests, etc. you have been protecting me.  Oh! Prabho, Oh! Jagannatha, you are the protector of the Universe and its living and non-living things. Oh! Kripasagara/ocean of mercy, how did I describe your endless glories in words. Oh! Sri Yadhunatha, the abundance of wealth and richness in the absence of Sri Ramanama Smarana, or worship or remembrance of Lord Sri Hari is absolutely pointless.”


Ab Ve Bipadha Hu Na Rahi | Manasa Kari Sumirath He Jab Jab Milathe Thab Thabahi || Apane Dhin Dheena Dhasa Ke Hith Lagi Phirathe Sanga Sagahi | Lethe Rakhi Palak Golak Jyau Santhath Thin  Sabahi || Rana Aru Dhana Bigraha Dar Aagau Aavath Jahi Thahi | Rakhi Liyau Thumahi Jaga Jeevan Thrasani Thai Sabahi || Kripasindhu Ki Katha Yekarasa Kyau Kari Jathi Kahi | Keeje Kaha Sur Sukhasampathi Jaha Jadhunatha Nahi? ||