Sunday 14 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Vinaya Pathrika/earnest request to Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 155-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Vinaya Pathrika/earnest request to Lord Sri Hari

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I am a grave sinner, my head to toe is sunken in sins of several births, I am ashamed of it. My mind is swollen with lust, desire, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara and Mamakara, I am drenched in worldly matters of possession, richness, fame, money, wealth, children, wife, companion, and relatives, etc. Oh! Prabho, I have not seen any sinner like me before my eyes. I have committed sins in the three significant phases of life such as Balyavastha/childhood, Kishoravastha/adulthood, and Youthful/Yauvana Avastha, I have been ignorant in fact, these phases of life should be utilized to worship Lord Sri Hari. Oh! Prabho, even after committing various sins by deed, mind, and words, I have been chasing after physical and material pleasures I am not satiated yet, still continuing the same, hence there won’t be a sinner like me before or will not be there in the future, so I consider myself as a grave sinner. Oh! Prabho, even the abode of Yama is not willing to accommodate me, Lord Yama is ashamed to take me to his abode because of my accumulated sins, hence he left me unnoticed. Oh! Prabho, you are too kind and compassionate, you have liberated sinners from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence, those were not real grave sinners like me. Oh! Prabho, if you have showered your compassionate grace upon me, and liberated me from the sufferings of worldly existence, once again your fame would spread all over the Universe.”


Binathi Karatha Maratha Hau Laj | Nakhasikha Lau Meri Yaha Dhehi Hai Pap Ki Jahaj|| Aur Pathitha Aachath Na Aankhi Thara Dhekhath Apanau Saj | Theenau Pan  Bhari Aur  Nibhahyau Thau Na  Aayau  Baj || Pacchau Bhayau Na Aagai Hyaihai Sab Pathithani Sirthaj | Narakau Bhajjyau Nama Suni Merau Peedi Dhayi Jamaraj || Ab Lau Nanhe Noonhe Thare The Sab Britha  Akaj | Sanchau Biradha Sur Ke  Tharath Lokani Loka Aavaj ||