Sunday 14 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Vinaya Pathrika/earnest request to Lord Sri Hari

 


Chapter – 156-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Vinaya Pathrika/earnest request to Lord Sri Hari

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Kripanidhi, I have not experienced the serenity of mind, my heart is burning with the impurities of lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Gopal, how can I get rid of the grief and sufferings of the worldly existence/Thapathraya/three kinds of grief without your grace? Or without practicing devotion at your lotus feet, or not remembering your glorious legends? Oh! Prabho, you are the source of the functioning of the mind, intellect, chiththa, Ahamkara, Prana, Karma, and Gnanendhriyas, and none of my sensory organs are not in my control, they keep chasing the infinite sounds, appearance, passion, touch, and smell. Oh! Prabho, I have been senseless, and keep committing various sins by mind, words, and actions to fulfill my bodily and material desires. Oh! Prabho, I have learned Universe and its living and non-living things are illusionary, and it has impermanent nature, the mind, actions, infinite sounds, appearances, passions, touch, and smell are imaginary, still, I am not satisfied with my desires, getting attached to the worldly matters and pushing myself into constant grief. Oh! Prabho, my mind, and body is getting weak every second, and the anxiousness and the fear have taken away my appetite, and sleep. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Mayapathi, I have drenched in your unconquerable Maya, my mind is not listening to my wisdom, it is unwilling to accept the absolute truth, that is all the material matters are perishable and the soul is imperishable. Oh! Prabho, your powerful Maya making my mind dance to the mouth of terrible death. Oh! Prabho, my mind is drenched in the fleeting nature of worldly matters of possession, wealth, money, fame, richness, children, wife, companion, and relatives, and pushing myself into constant grief in their absence, acting like stray dogs and monkeys, that consume toxic meals and fall into terrible death. Oh! Kripanidhi kindly sprinkles the water from your lotus feet on your fervent devotees and provides intense devotion and faith at your lotus feet, so that the Jeeva get rid of Thapathraya/three kinds of grief and Jananamarana/repeated birth and deaths.”

 

 

Hridhaya ki  Kabahu Na Jarani Ghati | Binu Gopala Bitha Tha Than KI Kaisau Jathi Kati || Apani Ruchi Jithahi Jith Yechathi Indhriya Karma Gati | Hau Thihahi Udi Chalatha Kapata Lagi Bandhe Nainapati || Jootei Man Jooti  Sab Kaya Jooti Aarmati | Aru Jootani Ke Badhana Niharath Marath Phiratha Lati || Dhin Dhin Heena Cheena Bhayi Kaya Dhukha Janjjala Jati | Chintha Keenhei Mukha Bhulani Neendh Phirathi Uchati || Magana Bhayau Mayarasa  Lampata  Samujjatha Nahi Hati | Thakai Mood Chadi Nachathi Hai Meechathi Neech Nati || Kinchith Swadh Swana  Banara Jyau Ghathaka Reethi Tati | Sur Sujala Seenchiyau Kripanidhi Nija Jana Charana  Thati ||