Sunday 25 September 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of the mind such as jealousy, ego, pride, anger, lust, and desire would throw the Jeeva into constant grief and agony

 



Chapter – 173-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of the mind such as jealousy, ego, pride, anger, lust, and desire would throw the Jeeva into constant grief and agony

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Brijanath/Lord of Vraja, what would be my fate? I have not practiced devotion or worship of your lotus feet, I haven’t taken up austerities, vows, celibacy, non-violence, truthfulness, self-control, Astheyam, Shama, Dhama, Dhanam, Dhaya, Dhyanam, etc. I have not sung in praise of your glories or listened to your glorious legends, I have not taken shelter at your lotus feet, I have driven afar from your meditation and contemplation while chasing after the worldly matters of fleeting nature. Oh! Prabho, I have wasted my entire life, and the three important phases of childhood, adulthood and youthful chasing after the material and physical pleasures of infinite sound, appearance, touch, smell, and passion of impermanent nature, I was drenched in lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, Ahamkara and Mamakara that shoved me into constant grief and agony. Oh! Prabho, kindly oversee my sins, and liberate me from the grief and sufferings of worldly existence, Oh! Prabho, kindly allow me to consume your leftover Prasadha/offerings, and constantly engage in the selfless service at your lotus feet.”


Meri Kaun Gathi Brajanath? Bhajana Bimukharu Sarana Nahi Phirath Bishayani Sath || Hau Pathitha Aparadha Poorana Bharthyau Karima Bikar | Kama Krodha Aru Loba Chithavau Nath Thumahi Bisar || Uchitha  Apani Kripa  Karihau Thabai Thau Bani Jayi | Soyi Karahu Jihi Charana Sevai Sur  Jootani Khayi ||