Friday 23 September 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Human life is precious as well as rarest to observe righteousness

 



Chapter – 168-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Human life is precious as well as rarest to observe righteousness

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, you have done injustice to me, Oh! Prabho, you have given me the precious and rarest birth as a human to observe righteousness, truthfulness, celibacy, non-violence, kindness, compassion, self-control, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Dhyanam, etc. I am a grave sinner, have wasted my whole life, and did not use the important three phases of life childhood, adulthood, and youthfulness to achieve the fruitfulness of life. Oh! Prabho, you protected me while I was hanging upside down, suffering from extreme heat and cold in the dark tiny space in my mother’s womb/Garbhavasa Dhukham. Oh! Prabho, you did not put my delicate body burn in the Jadaragni/the fire that burns the food consumed, you have given me beautiful limbs that resemble precious yellow metal. Oh! Prabho, I have committed various sins chasing after the material and physical pleasures of infinite sounds, appearance, touch, passion, and smell, I have been chasing after worldly matters from the day of birth, hence finding no way out of grief and suffering. Oh! Prabho, I am a sinner, but you are the protector of distress and desolate people, you have promised to your devotees to protect them from the grief and suffering, hence kindly protect those vows.”

Thuma Prabhu Mosau Bahuth Kari | Naradhehi Dheeni  Sumiran Kau Mo Papi Thei Kucch Na Sari || Garba Basa Athi Thrasa Adhomukha Thaha Na  Meri Sudhi Bisari | Pavaka Jadara Jarana Nahi Dheenhau Kanchana Si Mama Dheha Kari || Jaga Mei Janami Papa Bahu Keenhe Aadhi Anth Lau  Sab Bigari | Sur Pathitha Thuma Pathitha Udharana Apane Biradh Ki Laj Dhari ||