Thursday 20 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind lust, ego, desire, anger, jealousy, and pride are the obstacles to attaining the fruitfulness of life

 



Chapter – 197-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind lust, ego, desire, anger, jealousy, and pride are the obstacles to attaining the fruitfulness of life

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “  Oh! Madhau, I am shameless, ignorant, and dull-minded, I have wasted the precious birth as a human which is achieved after the piousness of several births, I have been drenched in lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, chasing after the worldly matters of possession, richness, wealth, money, fame, children, wife, companion and relatives of momentary nature, therefore my excessive attachment to worldly matters thrown me into repeated births. Oh! Prabho, all those infinite creatures on Earth, water, and air, feeling pity on me, after all these, I have not stopped chasing after the worldly matters, without knowing good and evil, I have been kept following immoral deeds without fear or shame. Oh! Prabho, I have realized that I have driven afar from your lotus feet, due to my excessive lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, I did not practice devotion or worship of your lotus feet, austerities, vow, celibacy, Swadhyaya/study of scriptures and Veda, self-control, non-violence, charity, kindness, etc. Oh! Prabho, who will protect this stray dog like me? Kindly get this ugly creature tied at your doorsteps, so that you won’t receive complaints from others.”

 

Madhau Ju Mohi Kahe Ki Laj | Janama Janama Thyau Hi  Bharmayau Abhimani Bekaj || Jala  Thala Jeev Jeethe Jaga Jeevan Nirakhi Dhukhitha Bhaye Dev! Guna Avaguna Ki Samujja Na Sanka Pari Ayi Yaha Tev || Ab Anakhayi Kahau Ghar Apanai Rakhai Bandhi Bichari | Sur Swana Ke Palanaharai Aavathi Hai Nitha Gari ||