Thursday 20 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The fruitfulness of life to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma-righteousness, Arththa-wealth, Kama-desire, and Moksha- liberation from the worldly existence and repeated births

 



Chapter – 198-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The fruitfulness of life to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma-righteousness, Arththa-wealth, Kama-desire, and Moksha- liberation from the worldly existence and repeated births

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhav, Oh! Prabho, I am a grave sinner, even after achieving the precious birth as a human, I did not strive to attain the four Purusharththa/Dharma, Arththa, Kama, and Moksha. I did not do any human deeds, so who will protect me? Oh! Prabho, all those creatures from elephants to flee like big to small creatures on the Earth have to undergo the fruit of Karma, the good deeds bring an abundance of goodness and prosperity, and the evil deeds bring extreme grief and agony. Oh! Prabho, you have given me the precious birth as a human and advised me to follow righteousness prescribed in the sacred scriptures, Varnna and Ashrama Dharma/ the four classes of people and their duties and responsibilities such as  1) Bhramin to perform austerities, vows, Swadhyaya, Shamadhamadhi for the welfare of the Universe and its people 2) Kshathriya to protect the borders from the enemies and intruders, ensure safety and security of the people of the Kingdom 3) Vaishya to perform commerce, farming, poultry, etc. to ensure good living and the prosperity of the people 4) Shudras are the service classes who offer service to the three classes to perform their duties to achieve the four Purusharththa,.  The Ashrama Dharma such as 1)Bhramacharya to practice austerities, vows, celibacy, swadhyaya, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, etc. 2) Grihasthashram to follow spiritual and religious rites, give birth to offspring to perform austerities, devotion, worship, and practice of Shamadhamadhi 3) Vanaprasthashram while living in the Grihasthashram after the completion of duties and responsibilities strive to an advanced state of spirituality, the practice of renunciation 4) and the final state is Sanyasashram to achieve the supreme Bhramam, by the practice of meditation, contemplation, austerities, vows, penance, free from the worldly matters. Oh! Prabho, I did not follow the scriptures, and Veda, how did I cross the ocean of worldly existence? Who will protect me from the sufferings and grief of Samsara? Oh! Jagathpathi, Oh! Jagadheeshwar, I did not practice devotion or worship of your lotus feet, Oh! Karunasagar, Oh! Kripalu, kindly protect me, I have no one to protect me. Oh! Prabho, I shall promise upon your lotus feet, you would laugh at me watching my pitiable state. Oh! Prabho, I am certain that Lord Yama will send all his dreadful emissaries to my deathbed, they will roam all over the village searching for me, but none would dare to spell my name because of the fear of the sin, alas! even the Chandalas would hesitate to spell my name, at last, the emissaries of Yama would get tired of searching for me, they would find me and threaten me with crushing teeth and pointing various weapons against me, they drag me to the abode of Yama,  taking me for a visit to the various types of hell, beating me to death, how did I describe the hellish torture? Oh! Prabho, while the emissaries of Yama beat me to death, Alas! I would forget to utter your sacred ‘Sri Ramanama’, instead, I would be calling for my children and wife, eventually, my relatives and family would decorate my lifeless body of mine with great interest, and drop me at the funeral ground, not even a decent cloth on the lifeless body, thus I would lose a precious birth as a human to practice devotion as well as the opportunity to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma-righteousness, Arththa-wealth, Kama-desire, and Moksha- liberation from the worldly existence and repeated births.”


Madhau Ju So Aparadhi Hau | Janama Payi Kacchu Bhalau Na Keenhau Kahau Su Kyau Nibahau ? Sab Sau Bath Kahath Jamapur Ki Gaj Pipilika Lau | Papa Punya  Kau Phal Dhukha Sukha Hai Bhoga Karau Joyi Gau|| Mokau Panth Bathayau Soyi Naraka Ki Saraga Lahau |Kakau Bala Hau Karau Gusayi Kacchu Na  Bhakthi Momau || Hasi Bolau Jagadheesa Jagathi Pathi Bath Thumhari Thau | Karunasindhu Kripala Kripa  Binu Kaki  Sarana Thakau || Bath Sune Thai Bahuth Hasaunge Charanakamala Ki Sau | Meri Dheha Chootath Jam Padaye Jithaka Dhooth Ghar Mau|| Lai Lai The Hathiyar Aapne San Dharaye  Thyau | Jinake Dharun Dharasa Dhekhi Kai Pathitha Karatha Byau Bhyau || Dhanth Chabath Chale Jampur Thai Dhama Hamare Kau | Doodi Phire Ghar Koau Na  Bathayau Khachap Koriya Lau || Risa Bhari Gaye Parama Kimkara Thab Pakarayau Chooti Na  Sakau | Lai Lai Phire  Nagar Mei Ghar Ghar Jaha Mrithak Ho Hau || Tha Risa Mei Mohi Bahuthak Maryau Kaha Lagi Barani Sakau | Hath Hath Mei Paryau Pukarau Ramanama Na Kahau || Thal Pakhavaj Chale Bajavath Samadhi Sobha  Kau | Surdhas Ki Bhali Bani Hai Gaji Gayi Aru Pau ||