Saturday 22 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The ocean of worldly existence/Samsara Sagara is nothing other than vortex/downdraft

 



Chapter – 199-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The ocean of worldly existence/Samsara Sagara  is nothing other than vortex/downdraft


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have worn out of worldly matters, I have not been in the association of Santh, Mahathma, and noble souls, who constantly engages in singing in praise of your sacred names and glorious legends. I have been soaked in the infinite name, sound, passion, appearance, and smell in the Universe that has fleeting nature, hence I constantly hurled myself into illusion, ignorance, and arrogance, I had never thought of how to get rid of grief and sufferings of worldly existence or cross the ocean of worldly existence and repeated births. Oh! Prabho, I did not approach the preceptor or Santh, Mahathma, noble souls to achieve fruitfulness of life, I was keep engaged in the sins by words, mind, and action. While I was constantly chasing material and physical pleasures, I forgot to behave like a human, I was chasing after to satiate my senses day and night, I was aimlessly roaming in the deep waters of the ocean of worldly existence, and created a deep vortex/downdraft below my feet, by performing sins by word, mind, and action. Oh! Prabho, I was completely tied up with the three attributes of Rajas, Tamas, and Sathvik, with no stairs. Oh! Prabho, I have reached the later years of age, and the constant fear of aging, illness, and death worsened my life, limbs have become fragile, not willing to cooperate with the mind, the movements are too restricted, need someone to help the routines, sense are lost its functioning, etc. Oh! Prabho, I have surrendered at your lotus feet, kindly protect me.”


Thore Jeevan Bhayo Than Bharo | Kiyau Na Santhsamagama Kabahu Liyau Na Nama Thumharo || Athi Unmathth Mohamaya Bas Nahi Kacchu Bath  Bicharau | Karath Upav Na Poochath Kahu Ganath Na Khatau Kharau || Indhri Swadh Bibasa Nisibasara Aap Apunapau Harau | Jala Aude Mei Chahu Dhisi Pairathyau Pau Kulharau Marau ||  B   a    n    d    h     I Mot  Pasari Thribidha Guna Nahi Kahu Beech Utharau | Dhekhyau Sur Bichari Seesa Pari Thab Thuma Sarana Pukarau ||