Wednesday 26 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The interest in worldly matters cannot provide supreme bliss

 



Chapter – 201-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The interest in worldly matters cannot provide supreme bliss

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I have been chasing after worldly matters of infinite sound, touch, passion, smell, and appearances for so long, hurling into different wombs, but I have not been satisfied or happy yet. I don’t know how many births I have taken in different Yonis/wombs, my desires are endless and uncontrollable, I have been wandering aimlessly chasing after pleasing my senses day and night. Oh! Prabho, I have been drenched in lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara and Mamakara, hence I have thrown myself into constant grief and agony, taking birth in the different Yonis/wombs, listening to the fourteen types of world/Swarga, Rasathal and Earth, Alas! my impurities of the mind like the fire did not put off. Oh! Prabho, I have been excessively attached to possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives, which are like flames that constantly put me into grief and agony. Oh! Prabho, I am ignorant, dull-minded, hence I did not practice devotion at your lotus feet, or observe austerities, celibacy, non-violence, truthfulness, kindness, Swadhayaya/study of scriptures and Veda, self-control, service to Lord Sri Hari and devotees, selfless service to preceptors and Mahathmas. I have been kept chasing material and physical pleasures, like pouring ghee into flames. Oh! Prabho, I am an unfortunate Jeeva, kept wandering aimlessly all over the Earth chasing after the material and physical pleasures of fleeting nature, finally completely dejected to notice the flames of infinite sound, smell, appearance, touch, and passion like flames spread all over the Universe and all the unfortunate Jeevas are pampered in it relentlessly. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari,   H      o     w                did I get rid of the impurities of the mind? it is impossible to get rid of Thapathraya/three kinds of grief, without your grace.”

 

Yesau Karath Aneka  Janma Gaye Man  Santhosh Na Payau | Dhin Dhin Adhika  Dhurasa Lagyau Sakala Loka Bhrami Aayau || Suni Suni Swarga Rasathala Bhoothala Thaha  Thaha Udi Ghayau | Kama Krodha Madha Lobha  Agini Thai Kahau Na Jarath Bujjayau || Sutha Thanaya Banitha Binodha Rasa Ihi Jur Jarani Jarayau | Mei Agyana Akulayi Adhika Lai Jarath Manjj Dhritha Nayau || Bhrami Bhrami Ab Haryau Hiya Apanau Dhekhi Anala Jaga Chayau | Surdasa Prabhu Thumhari Kripa Binu Kaise Jath Nasayau ||