Wednesday 26 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion to cross the ocean of worldly existence/Samsarasagara

 



Chapter – 202-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion to cross the ocean of worldly existence/Samsarasagara

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have wasted the precious birth as a human achieved after the piousness of several births, Oh! Prabho, I did not practice devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, or I did not serve preceptors, Santh, and Mahathma noble souls, or I did not visit the sacred Vraja/Mathura land and lived. Oh! Prabho, I did not use the precious birth as a human, I did not practice Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Dhyanam, Swadhyaya, Astheyam, Arjjavam, non-violence, truthfulness, celibacy, meditation, contemplation, worship of Lord Sri Hari,association  with the Santh, Mahathma, noble souls, or service to preceptors, etc. Oh! Prabho, I was wandering aimlessly chasing after material and physical pleasures like the stray dog in search of food, I have never tried to please the supreme Lord Sri Hari, singing in praise of his glorious legends and sacred names. Oh! Giridharlal, I did not make an effort to please you with austerities and devotion. I did not shed tears listening to your compassion and kindness to your devotees, I did not dance singing in praise of you, Oh! Prabho, I have not listened to the glorious Srimad Bhagavath with devotion and faith, I did not invite the devotees of the Lord to my house or I did not serve them or I did not wash their feet. Oh! Karunamaya, What shall I do ? Which austerities should follow? Oh! Prabho kindly showers intense love and faith to recite your glorious legends and sacred names, so that I can safely cross the ocean of worldly existence/Bhavasagara and repeated births.”


Janama Thau Badhihi Gayau Sirayi | Hari Sumirana Nahi Guru Ki Seva  Madhuban Basyau Na Jayi || Ab Ki Bar Manushya Dheha Dhari Kiyau Na Kacchu Upayi | Bhatakath Phirayau Swan Ki Nayi  N aiku Joot Kai Chayi || Kabahu Na Rijja ye Lala Giridharana Bimala Bimala Jas Gayi | Prema Sahitha Paga Bandhi Gunguru Saky au Na Anga Nachayi || Sree Bhagavat h Suno Nahi Shravanani Naikahu Ruchi Upajayi | Aani Bhakthi Kari Hari Bhakthani Ke Kabahu Na Ghoye P ayi || Ab Hau Kaha Karau Karunamaya  Keejai Kaun Upajayi| Bhava Ambodhi Nama Nija  Nauka  Surahi Lehu Chada yi ||