Sunday 30 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The complete surrender to Lord Sri Hari and observance of austerities protects the Jeeva/soul from three kinds of grief

 



Chapter – 207-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The complete surrender to Lord Sri Hari and observance of austerities protects the Jeeva/soul from three kinds of grief


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhav, Oh! Prabho, I am the precious jewel among the distressed Jeeva/Pathitha Shiromani, each and every hair in my body is sinful, hence I haven’t seen any sinner like me.  Oh! Prabho, 1) the Brahmin Ajamila who abandoned the Bhramanic way of life, aged parents, and family for a prostitute in the forest, 2) the Ganika/prostitute who was left alone in the later years of age was bought a parrot from the devotee of Lord Sri Hari, and mere listening to the ‘Sri Ramanama’ got liberated from the grief of worldly existence,  3) the King of birds Jatayu, a sincere devotee of Lord Sri Rama, fought with the demon King Ravana who abducted Devi Sita while Rama and Lakshman were absent in the hermitage.  Jatayu was brutally wounded while trying to protect Devi Sita from the clutches of Ravan, and eventually left mortal coil in the lap of Lord Sri Rama 4) the hunter who shot at the feet of Lord Krishna while preparing to leave for the supreme abode, and 5) Nriga the King who got cursed to become lizard from the Bhramin, are minor sinners, they fed on my leftover kind of sins, so they must be sincere to me, you can enquire them about me.  Oh! Prabho, I have committed grave sins by words, mind, and deed, therefore I am superior to all those sinners, but I haven’t achieved your grace, they all have got liberated before my turn, hence I am ashamed to call myself a superior sinner because you have considered them grave sinners and liberated them from the sufferings and grief, in this way I have made a laughing stock of myself before them. Oh! Prabho, kindly remember the declaration of Veda and the Scriptures, they highly praise you as Pathithta Pavan/savior of the distressed Jeeva, so that I can get rid of the impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, anger, pride, Ahamkara and Mamakara, and excessive attachment to possession, richness, wealth, money, children, wife, relative, companion, etc. I can get rid of interest in worldly matters of infinite name, sound, touch, passion, smell, and appearances, eventually, I can attain the superior state of ‘Sharanagathi’/complete surrender. Oh! Prabho, If not, kindly leave your title ‘Pathitha Pavan’ and reject my plea.”


Madhau Ju Hau Pathitha Siromani | Aur Na Koyi Layak Dhekhau Sath Sath Agha Prathi Romani || Ajamila, Ganika Aru Byadh Nriga The Sab Mere Chatiya | Anahu Jayi Sauha Dhai  Poocheau Mei Kari Padayau Satiya || Yaha Prasidhadha Sabahi Kau Sammath Badau Badayi Pavai | Yesau Ko Apane Takur Kau Ihi Bidhi Mahath Ghatavai|| Nahak Mei Lajani Mariyath Hai Iha Ayi Sab Nasi | Yaha Thau Katha Chalaigi Aagai Sab Pathithani Mei Hasi || Sur Sumarga Pheri Chalaige Bedha Bachana Ur  Dharau | Biradha Chudayi Lehu Bali Apanau Ab Ihi Thai Hadh Parau ||