Sunday 30 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The precious birth as a human should be utilized for attaining righteousness/Dharma, wealth/Arththa, desire/Kama, and Moksha/liberation from sufferings of worldly existence

 



Chapter – 208-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The precious birth as a human should be utilized for attaining righteousness/Dharma, wealth/Arththa, desire/Kama, and Moksha/liberation from sufferings of worldly existence


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Sri Hari, there is no Jeeva distressed like me, I cannot describe the sins committed by words, mind, and deeds. Oh! Prabho, Chithraguptha who is seated in the abode of Yama, the secretary of Lord Yama notes all those sins of the Jeeva/souls, would stop to count my sins, and he would stop to write down in utter horror. Oh! Prabho, there are crores of emissaries of Lord Yama rushing to take the Jeeva at the order of Lord Yama/Lord of death, unfortunately, none of the emissaries are willing to approach me after listening to my countless sins, they are too anxious to get closer to the grave sinner like me, they feel my touch would impure them. Oh! Pathithapavan/the savior of the distressed Jeeva, and I am a grave sinner who did not utilize the precious birth as a human to achieve four Purusharththa such as Dharma/righteousness, Arththa/wealth, Kama/desire, and Moksha/liberation, I was chasing after material and physical pleasures of fleeting nature, alas! I have never been satisfy with them.  Oh! Prabho, I did not practice devotion, worship of your lotus feet, or listen to your sacred names or glorious legends or I did not practice austerities, vows, celibacy, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Dhyanam, Astheyam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, etc. Oh! Prabho, my excessive attachment to possession, wealth, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives constantly pushed me to three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, you are that supreme Bhramam that resides as a soul in the Jeeva, you are flawless, unblemished, pure, free from dualities/grief and sorrow, gain and loss,  you are the source of the functioning of the mind, intellect, Chiththa, Ahamkara, vital air, Karma and Gnanendhriyas, etc. I have already surrendered at your lotus feet,  kindly liberate me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence and repeated births.”

 

Hari Ju Mosau Pathitha Na Aan | Mana Krama Bachana Papa Je Keenhe Thin Kau Nahi Praman || Chithragupth Jamadhwara Likhath Hai Mere Pathak Jjari | Thinahu Thrahi Kari Suni Auguna Kagadh Dheenhe Dari || Aurani Kau Jama Kai Anusasan Kimkara Kotika Dhavai | Suni Meri Aparadh Aghamayi Koau Nikata Na  Aavai || Hau Yesau Thum Vaise Pavana Gavath Hai Je Thare | Avagahau Poorana Guna Swami Sur Se Aghama Udhare ||