Friday 14 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of austerities and devotion to get rid of impurities of the mind

 



Chapter – 187-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of austerities and devotion to get rid of impurities of the mind

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Madhav, there is no grave sinner like me on this Earth, I am impure by thoughts, words, and deeds, I did not observe non-violence, truthfulness, or righteousness, I am deceitful, wicked, and cruel, and take great pleasure in gossip, I hurt others by words, deeds, and thought, I was chasing after physical and material matters of impermanent nature, I have taken great pleasure in the worldly matters. Oh! Prabho, I have consumed all those unwanted and intoxicated things which don’t give any pleasures or never get satisfied, on the other hand, it pushed me into hellish torture. Oh! Prabho, I was chasing after women for fleeting pleasure, and never got satisfied, but did not leave the chase for it. Oh! Prabho, I have used harsh words, I have been cunning, I have never thought of the good of others, I have been harsh by words, mind, and deed. Oh! Prabho, you have liberated several devotees who have taken shelter at your lotus feet, but none of them were wicked like me. Oh! Prabho, the hunter Guha and Ajamila haven’t committed sins like me, their sins were small hollow sized, I am a grave sinner who committed sins ocean-sized.”


Madhau Ju Mothau Aur Na Papi | Ghathak Kutila Chabayi Kapati Mahakroor Samthapi || Lampat Dhoorth Pooth Dhamari Kau Bishaya Jap Kau Japi | Macchi Ambaccha Apana Pan Kari Kabahu Na Manasa Ghapi || Kami Bibasa Kamini Ke Rasa Lobha Lalasa Thapi | Mana Krama Bachana Dhusaha Sabahini Sau  Katuka Bachana Aalapi || Jethika Adhama Udhare Prabhu Thumha Thin Ki Gathi Mei Napi | Sagara Sur Bikar Bharyau Jala Badhika Ajamila Bapi ||