Saturday 15 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind such as arrogance and ignorance put halt to the functioning of the intellect, and wisdom

 



Chapter – 189-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The impurities of mind such as arrogance and ignorance put halt to the functioning of the intellect, and wisdom

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hari,  I am the King of distressed people, I have been in association with wicked and deceitful people, I have engaged in criticizing and complaining about the people around me, and I hurt them by word, mind, and deed. The sounds of cribbing and gossips are the sounds of disgraceful music in my kingdom of life. Thrishna/thirst is my city, my endless desires/Kama, are my warriors, and the sense organs are the sword. Oh! Prabho, the desires/Kama, and Krodha/anger are my two gatekeepers who keep giving me morally wrong ideas, my pride is uncontrollable like an untamed elephant, and my greed is all visible on my forehead resembling an umbrella. Oh! Prabho, I have been in the association of wicked and deceitful, they are my army. Moha/desire and Maya/illusion singing in praise of me like the royal musicians sing in praise of their King, in this way, I have been parting my sins with others too. Oh! Prabho, I have cemented the morally wrong ways of life, thus I have accumulated mountain-sized sins.”

 

Hari  Hau Sab Pathithani Kau Raja | Nindha Para Mukha Poori Rahyau Jaga Yaha Nisan Nith Baja || Thrishna Desaru Sumata Manoratha Indhri  Khadaga Hamari || Manthri Kama Kumathi Dheebe Kau Krodha Rahath Prathihari || Gaja Ahamkara Chadyau Dhiga Bijayi Lobha Chathra Kari  Seesa | Phauja Asath Sangathi Ki Merau Yesau Hau Mei Eesa || Moha Maya  Bandhi  Guna Gavath Magadha Dhosha Apar | Sur Pap Kau Gada Dhrida Keenhau Muhakrama Layi Kivar ||