Friday 11 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The precious birth of a human to attain Bhakti/devotion, Gnana/wisdom, and Vairagya/renunciation

 



Chapter – 227-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The precious birth of a human to attain Bhakti/devotion, Gnana/wisdom, and Vairagya/renunciation 


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Sri Hari, Oh! Vanamali/adorned in flowers of different colors and scents, Oh! Prabho, If you do not listen to my prayers who will listen to my cries? I am helpless, I do not know anyone other than you capable to protect me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence. Oh! Nikunjja Bihari/Lord Krishna, Oh! Prabho, you are the ocean of mercy, the Jeeva born as a human after hurling into several wombs of air born, Earthborn, and water born. Oh! Prabho, my interest in worldly matters of fleeting nature has driven me away from the Bhakti/devotion, Gnana/wisdom, and Vairagya/renunciation, I have taken great pleasure in each and every body I have attained, chasing after the material and physical pleasures, I was throwing myself into constant grief and agony, like Abijjyatha/Puranjjanopakhyanam – The supreme Lord introduces the Jeeva to the world to take pleasure in the diversities of the Prakrithi /material matters of living and non-living things, without getting attached to it and return to the supreme abode with the practice of Bhakti, Gnana, and Vairagya. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Karunanidhan, you are the source of living and non-living things, you are the protector of All, you have kept your promise alive, you have showered an abundance of grace and fulfilled all the desires of your devotees who have taken shelter at your lotus feet. Oh! Yadhupathi/Lord of Yadhu, where shall I go begging for mercy? Oh! Prabho, I am your sincere devotee, kindly remove my anxiousness and repeated births, and provide shelter at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I have surrendered at your lotus feet, why did you forget me? What was my sin withheld me from your compassionate grace? What did I do to you?”


Kaun  Sunau Yaha Bath  Hamari | Samarath Aur  Na Dhekhau Thum Binu Kasau Bitha Kahau Banvari || Thuma  Abigath Aanath Ke Swami Dheenadhayala Nikunja Bihari | Sadha Sahayi Kari Dhasani Ki Jo Ur Dhari Soyi Prathipari || Ab  Kihi Sarana Jau Jadhaupathi Rakhi Lehu Bali Thrasa Nivari | Surdas Charanani Ki Bali Bali Kaun Khatha Thai Kripa Bisari ||