Thursday 10 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The wealth which is not used to serve the needy is worthless

 



Chapter – 226-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The wealth which is not used to serve the needy is worthless


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Kripalu, Oh! Sri Hari, Oh! Dheenadhayala, you are the savior of the distressed souls, if you do not shower your compassionate and kind grace upon me, I am your sincere servant and would remain wretched for my whole life. Oh! Prabho, if I continue living in this body, I would be chasing after the material and physical pleasures, knocking on all the doors for accumulating possession, wealth, money, richness, etc. if I leave the mortal coil, I do not achieve the supreme state in the Paraloka/afterlife, because I did not do any righteous deeds to attain that supreme Bhramam. Oh! Prabho, the wealthiest should give away in charity to the needy, it is meaningless to feel sad watching the distressed, unless and until remove the suffering of the Jeeva. Oh! Shyamsundhar, If I have sincerely followed the austerities, Japa, Thapa, Yajja, Swadhyaya, Astheyam, Sathyam, Dhayam, Dhanam, Dhyanam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, Thithiksha, Bhramacharya, etc. I would have achieved the ultimate goal of human life, I would have achieved the supreme Bhramam, and four Purusharththa, such as Dharma/righteousness, Arththa/wealth, Kama/desire, and Moksha,/liberation from repeated births. Oh! Prabho, I did not follow the Vedic way of life, or instructions of scriptures, hence I am distressed, and worn out by three kinds of sufferings 1) grief of natural calamities, flood, drought, famine, earthquake, forest fire, epidemic, etc. 2) grief of aging, illnesses, fear of death, and separation from beloved ones 3) and grief from excessive attachment to possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion and relatives, etc. in their absence.”


Bahuri Ki Kripahu Kaha Kripala | Bidhdhaman Jama Dhukhitha Jagath Mei Thum Prabhu Dheenadhayala || Jeevath Janchath Kan Kan Nirdhana Dhar Dhar Ratath Bihala | Than Choote Thau Dharma Nahi Kacchu Jau Dheejai Mani Mala || Kaha Dhatha Jau Dhravai Na Dheenahi Dhekhi Dhukhith Thathkal | Sur Syama Kau Kaha Nihaurau Chalath Bedh Ki Chal ||