Monday 14 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The soul is permanent and the worldly matters are impermanent

 



Chapter – 233-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The soul is permanent and the worldly matters are impermanent

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, you are the absolute truth, and safest asylum, you are the Lord of the Universe and its living and non-living things, I have already surrendered at your lotus feet, I have no place to seek shelter other than you. Oh! Prabho, you are the wish-fulfilling Kamadhenu, the divine cow, so why should I leave you and get a goat, why should I chase after the worldly matters of toxic poison that has no permanence? Why should I stop traveling on horse and elephant and ride on a donkey? Why should I leave the precious Parasmani, and adorn a garland of glass pieces? Why should I leave the saffron paste and apply charcoal on the face? Why should I leave the finest silk clothes and attire bark of a tree? Why should I leave the luscious mango fruit and chase after Semar fruit/sticky substance with no taste? Why should I take bath in the muddy pond, leaving the waves of the ocean? Oh! Prabho, I have already taken shelter at your lotus feet, hence it would be utter ignorance to leave your lotus feet, and approach demi-gods to fulfill my desires. Oh! Prabho, I am dull-minded and blind by birth, I was drenched in lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, I was chasing after the worldly matters of possession, wealth, richness, fame, money, children, wife, companion and relatives of fleeting nature, thereby I have wasted precious life in pleasing senses, now I am singing in praise of your glories and lying at your doorstep, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me.”

 

Meri Thau Gathipathi Thum Anthahi Dhukha Pau | Hau  Kahayi Therau  Ab Kaun Kau Kahau || Kamadhenu Cchadi Kaha Aja Lai  Dhuhau | Hayagayandh Uthari Kaha Gardhaba Chadi Ghau || Kanchana Mani Kholi Dari Kanch Gar Bandhau | Kumkum Kau Lep Meti Kajar Mukha Lau || Patambar Ambar Thaji Gudhari Pahirau | Ab  Suphala Chadi Kaha Semar Kau  Dhau || Sagar Ki Lahari Chadi Ccheelar Kasa  Nyahau | Sur Koor Andharau Mei Dhwar Paryau Gau ||