Wednesday 23 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion to achieve the four Purusharththa/righteousness, wealth, desires, and liberation from worldly existence

 



Chapter – 240-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion to achieve the four Purusharththa/righteousness, wealth, desires, and liberation from worldly existence

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I have been drenched in the worldly matters of infinite nature, hence I have driven afar from you, my greed compelled me to worship demi-gods for fulfilling my desires, but sadly I did not satisfy even after gratifying my senses, I have been desperate and continued to chase after the material and physical pleasures and performed religious rites and duties for the accomplishment of my desires which have grown out of control. The demi-gods were difficult to please, I sacrificed animals to please the deity, but I did not achieve the desired result, later I found it was an absolute waste of time and energy, and eventually, I stopped the worship of demi-gods. Oh! Prabho, I have been swollen with pride, anger, jealousy, ego, lust, and desire, hence I have abandoned the Parasmani/the precious gem which turns the metal into gold, like the sacred names of Lord Sri Hari, and I was wandering aimlessly for the broken glass pieces like the worship of demi-gods. Oh! Prabho, you are the source of four Purusharththa/Dharma-righteousness/Arththa-wealth/Kama-desire/ and Moksha/liberation from worldly existence and repeated births, I have abandoned the supreme Lord Sri Hari and rushed to please my senses, got attached to worldly matters of possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion and relatives, of fleeting nature, finally, whatever I have got too attached to were either abandoned me or I had to leave them all.  Oh! Keshav, you are the Lord of the Universe and its living and non-living things, you are the supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, you are the source of the functioning of the mind, intellect, Chiththa, Ahamkara, Vital air/Prana, Karma, and Gnanendhriyas, etc. You are merciful and compassionate to Jeeva. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I have surrendered at your lotus feet that would protect me from the sufferings of worldly existence and repeated births.”


Thuma Binu Bhuloyi Bhoolau Dolath | Lalach Lagi Koti Devani Ke  P hirath Kapatani Kholath || Jab Lagi Sarbas Dheejai Un  Kyau Thabahi Lagi  Yah Preethi | Phala Mangath Phiri Jatha Mukara Hyau Yah Devani Ki Reethi || Yekani Kau Jiya Bali Dhai Pooje  Poojath Naiku Na  Thoote | Thab Pahichani Sabani Kau  Chade Nakha Sikha Lau Sab Joote || Kanchana Mani Thaji Kanchahi Saithath Tha Maya Ke Leenhe | Chari Padharath Hu  Ko Dhatha Su Thai Bisarjana Keenhe || Thuma Krithajja Karunamaya Kesav Akhila Loka Ke  Nayaka | Surdasa Hama Dhrida Kari Pakare Ab Ye Charana Sahayak ||