Sunday 5 November 2017

Sri Chandhra Kavacha Sthothram – Rishi Gauthama - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











Sri Chandhra Kavacha Sthothram/sacred armor of Lord Chandhra is highly propitious hymns composed by Rishi Gauthama, it has Anushtup as Chandhass, presiding deity is Lord Chandhra, it is recited to please Lord Chandhra.  I shall meditate upon on Lord Chandhra/Soma who have four powerful arms, he is decked in Keyoora and magnificent crown decorated with gems that spreads intense luster, he has the eyes resembles to Vasudeva and decorated in various ornaments resembles to Shankara/auspicious, recitation of sacred armor of Shashi on daily basis would bring commendable rewards, I shall earnestly pray to Shashi to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Kalanidhi to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Chandhrama to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Nishapathi who is Lord of night protect my voice, I shall earnestly pray to Kshapakara who causes night to protect my Prana, I shall earnestly pray to  Kumudhabandhava to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Soma to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Jaivathrika to protect the back portion of shoulders, I shall earnestly pray to Sudhakara to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Nishakara  to protect my chest, I shall earnestly pray to Chandhra to protect my heart, I shall earnestly pray to Shankarabooshana who is decked in auspicious ornaments to protect my navel,  I shall earnestly pray to Surashreshta who is eminent to protect middle portion of the body, I shall earnestly pray to Sudhakara to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Tharapathi/Lord of stars to protect my thighs,  I shall earnestly pray to  Mriganga to protect my knees, I shall earnestly pray to Abdhija who initiated from ocean to protect my calves and ankles, I shall earnestly pray to Vidhu to protect my feet,  I shall earnestly pray to Lord Chandhra who is Vapu/charming in the Universe to protect all parts of my body at all times, these sacred armor of Lord Chandhra provides Bhukthi/devotion as well Mukthi/liberation from repeated births to worshiper, whoever reads or  listens to it would attain success in all endeavors.


|| Asya Sri  Chandhra Kavacha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya  Gauthama Rishi: | Anushtup Chandha: | Sri Chandhro Devatha | Chandhrapreethyarththam  Jape Viniyoga: ||


Somam Chathurbhujam  Vandhe Keyoora Makudojjvalam | Vasudevasya Nayanam Shankarasya Cha Bhooshanam ||

Yevam Dhyathva Japen Nithyam Shashina: Kavacham Shubham | Shashi Pathu Shirodhesham  Phalam  Pathu Kalanidhi: ||

Chakshushi Chandhrama: Pathu Shruthi Pathu Nishapathi: | Pranam Kripakara: Pathu Mukham Kumudhabandhava: ||

Pathu Kandam Cha Me  Soma: Skandhe  Jaivathrikasthadha | Karau Sudhakara:  Pathu Vaksha: Pathu Nishakara: ||

Hridhayam Pathu Me Chandhro  Nabhim Shankarabhooshana: | Madhyam Pathu  Surashreshta: Kadim Pathu Sudhakara: ||

Ooru Tharapathi:  Pathu Mrigango Januni Sadha |Abdhija: Pathu  Me Janghe  Pathu Padhau Vidhu: Sadha ||

Sarvanyanyani Cha Angani Pathu  Chandhv Akilam Vapu: | Yethadhdhi Kavacham Dhivyam Bhukthi Mukthi Pradhayakam | Ya: Padeth Shrunuyadhvapi Sarvathra Vijayi Bhaveth ||

|| Ithi Sri Chandhrakavacham Sampoornnam ||


|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||