Sunday 8 July 2018

Sri Saraswathi Kavacham – Sri Bhramavaivarththa Puranam – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||








Sri Bhrama speaks “ Oh! Vathsa/son, carefully listen to the highly propitious hymns which fulfills all the desires of the worshiper, it is the essence of Shruthi,  it is Shruthisaram and Shruthisukham and it is worshiped by Shruthi, it was previously narrated by Lord Krishna in the woods of Vrindavan, he is Raseshvara, he is mighty Lord in the Rasamandala, it is highly propitious hymn equivalent to Kalpavruksham/wish fulfilling tree, it is highly auspicious, and it is superior among the hymns, Bhraman who recites this highly propitious hymns would attain the intellect of Bhrihaspathi, Bhagavan Shukracharya was venerated by the Dhaithyas, recitation of these highly auspicious hymns made Sage Valmiki  eloquent and  highly intellectual among the poets, Swayambhu Manu became highly honorable, illustrious Sages like Kanadha, Gauthama, Kanva, Panini, Shakatayana, Dhaksha, Kathyayana, and Krishnadhvaipayana have attained scholastic skills in various sacred scriptures and Veda, it was recited for several years by Sage Vashishta, Parashara, Yajjyavalkya, Rishyashringa, Bharadhvaja, Asthika, Devalastha, Jaigishya,and Jabali, and all became highly honorable,  Oh! Viprendhra, it has Bhrishaspathi as Chandhass, Prajapathi as Rishi, and presiding deity is  Rasheshvara Prabhu, it is the essence of all the greatest philosophies, it is recited to attain highest of the knowledge and poet skills.”


“ I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Hreem Saraswathyai Swaha , I shall earnestly pray to Goddess Saraswathi to   protect my head, I shall pronounced the sacred syllables Sreem Vagdevathayai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vagdevatha to protect my forehead, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Saraswathyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Goddess Saraswathi to protect my ears always, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Sreem Hreem Bharathyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Bharathi to protect my eyes, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Aim Hreem Vagvadhinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vagvadhini to protect my nose, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Hreem Vidyadhishtathrudevyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vidhyadhishtanadevatha to protect my lips, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Shreem Hreem Bhramyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Bhrami to protect my line of teeth and I shall pronounce the Yemithyakakshara Manthra to protect my throat, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Shreem Hreem to protect my neck, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Shreem to protect my back of shoulders, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Shreem Vidhyadhishtanadevathayai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vidhyadhishtanadevatha to protect my chest, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om Hreem Vidhyaswaroopayai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vidhyaswaroopini to protect my navel, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Hreem Hreem Vanyaiswaha, I shall earnestly pray to Vani to protect my back portion of the body, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om  Sarvavarnnathmikayai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Sarvavarnnathmika to protect my feet, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om Ragadhishtathrudevi to protect my all limbs at all times, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable  Om Sarvakandavasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Sarvakandavasini who resides on the throat to protect from east, I shall pronounce Om Hreem Jihvagravasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Jihvagravasini who resides on the tip of the tongue to protect me from south-east, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om  Aim Hreem Shreem Saraswathyai Budhajananyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Goddess Saraswathi who symbolizes wisdom and knowledge to protect from right, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om Hreem Shreem Thrayakshara Manthram, kindly protect me from  south-west, I shall pronounce Kavijihvagravasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Kavijihvagravasini who resides on the tip of the tongue of poets to kindly protect me from west, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om  Sadhambikayai Swaha,  I shall earnestly pray to Ambika who is the mother of living beings to kindly protect me from  north-west, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om Gadhyapadhyavasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Gadhyapadhyavasini who symbolizes prose and poetry to  kindly protect me from upper areas, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om Sarvashasthravasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Sarvashasthravasini who is the essence of all the scriptures to  kindly protect me from Eshanya/north-east , I shall pronounce the sacred syllables Om Hreem Sarvapoojithayai Swaha, Ishall earnestly pray to Sarvapoojitha who is worshiped by all to  kindly protect me from upright,  I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Aim Hreem Pusthakavasinyai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Pusthakavasini who symbolizes wisdom and knowledge to kindly protect me from below areas, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable Om  Granthabeejaroopayai Swaha, I shall earnestly pray to Granthabeejaroopini who is the essence of highest philosophies/doctrines to kindly protect me at all times.”


Lord Bhrama concludes “ Oh! Vipra, these are the highly propitious hymns which is the essence of all sacred chants, it is known as  Vishvajaya Kavacham symbolizes absolute Bhramam, it is recited after veneration of preceptor according to the prescribed rite, offering clothes, vermilion, and sandalwood paste,  recitation of these hymns for five hundred thousand times would provide the knowledge equivalent to Bhrihaspathi, worshiper would become eloquent, with the excellent skill in poetry, and remain successful in the three worlds.”

Sri Bhrama Uvacha –
Shrunu Vathsa  Pravakshyami Kavacham Sarvakamadham | Shruthisaram Shruthisukham Shruthyuktham Shruthipoojitham ||

Uktham Krishnena Goloke  Mahyam Vrindavane Vane | Raseshvarena Vibhuna  Rase Vai  Rasamandale ||

Atheeva Gopaneeyam Cha  Kalpavrikshasamam Param |Ashruthathbhutha Manthranam Samoohaishcha  Samanvitham ||

Yadhuktha Padanath Bhraman Buddhimanshcha  Bhrihaspathi: | Yadhuktha Bhagavanshukra: Sarvadhaithyeshu Poojitha: ||

Padanath Dharanadhvagami Kaveendhro Valmiko Muni: | Swayambhuvo Manushchaiva  Yadhruthva Sarvapoojitha: ||

Kanadho Gauthama: Kanva: Panini: Shakatayana: | Grantham Chakara Yadhruthva Dhaksha: Kathyayana: Swayam ||

Dhrithva  Vedavibhagam Cha  Purananyakhilani Cha | Chakara  Leelamathrena  Krishnadhvaipayana: Swayam ||

Shathathpashcha  Sarvathra Vashishtashcha Parashara: | Yadhrithva  Padanath Grantham Yajjyavalkyashchakara Sa: ||

Rishyashringo Bharadhvajashcha Asthiko Devalasthatha | Jaigeeshyo Atha Jabalir Yadhrithva Sarvapoojitha: ||

Kavachasyasya  Viprendhra  Rishiresha Prajapathi: | Swayam Bhrihaspathi Chandho Devo  Raseshvara: Prabhu: ||

Sarvaththathvaparijjane  Sarvatheerthopi Cha Sadhane | Kavithasu Cha Sarvasu Viniyoga: Prakeerthitha: ||

Om Hreem  Saraswathyai Swaha Shiro Mey Pathu Sarvatha: | Shreem Vagdevathayai Swaha  Balam Mey Sarvadhavathu ||

Om Saraswathyai Swahethi Shrothram Pathu Nirantharam | Om Shreem Hreem  Bharathyai  Swaha  Nethrayugmam Sadhavathu ||

Aim Hreem Vagvadhinyai  Swaha Nasam Mey Sarvathavathu | Hreem Vidhyadhishathru Devyai  Swaha Aushtam Sadhavathu ||

Aum Sreem Hreem Bhramyai Swahethi Dhanthapankthau: Sadhavathu |Yemithyekaksharo Manthro Mama Kandam Sadhavathu ||

Aum Shreem  Hreem Pathu Mey Greevahm Skandham Mey Shreem Sadhavathu | Shreem Vidhyadhishathru Devyai Swaha Vaksha:  Sadhavathu ||

Aum Hreem  Vidhyaswaroopayai Swaha Mey Pathu Nabhikam | Om  Hreem Hreem Vanyai  Swahethi Mama Prishtam Sadhavathu ||

Om  Sarvavarnnathmikayai  Padhayugmam Sadhavathu | Om  Ragadhishtathru Devyai Sarvangam  Mey Sadhavathu ||

Om Sarvakandavasinyai  Swaha  Prachyam Sadhavathu | Om Hreem Jihvagravasinyai  Swaha Agindhisha  Rakshathu ||

Om Aim Hreem Shreem Saraswathyai  Budhajananyai Swaha | Sathatham Manthrarajo Ayam Dhakshine  Mam  Sadhavathu ||

Om  Hreem Shreem Thrayaksharo Manthro Nairuthyam Mey Sadhavathu | Kavi Jihvagravasinyai  Swaha Pathu Mam Varuno Avathu ||

Om Sadhambakayai Swaha  Vanyayai Mam Sadhavathu | Om  Gadhya Padhyavasinyai  Swaha  Mamuththaroavathu ||

Om  Sarvashasthravasinyai  Swahaishanyam Sadhavathu | Om Hreem  Sarvapoojithayai  Swaha  Chordhvam Sadhavathu ||

Aim Hreem Pusthakavasinyai Swaha Adho Mam Sadhavathu | Om  Grantha Beejaroopayai  Swaha Mam Sarvathoavathu ||

Ithi They Kathitham Vipra  Sarvamanthraidhavigraham | Idham  Vishvajayam Nama Kavacham  Bhramaroopakam ||

Pura Shrutham Dharmavakthrathrparvathe Gandhamadhano | Thava  Snehanmaya Akhyatham  Pravakthavyam Na  Kasyachith ||

Gurumabhyarchaya Vidhivath Vasthralankara Chandhanai: | Pranamya  Dandavadhbhumau Kavacham Dharayethsudhi: ||

Panchalakshajapenaiva Siddham Thu Kavacham  Bhaveth | Yadhi Syathsiddhakavacho Bhrihaspathi Samaobhaveth ||
Mahavagmi Kaveendhrashcha  Thrailokhya Vijayeebhaveth | Shaknothi Sarvam Jethum Sa Kavachasya  Prabhavatha: ||

Idham They  Kanavashakhoktham Kathitham Kavacham Mune | Sthothram  Poojavidhanam Cha Dhyanam Vai Vandhanam Thatha ||

|| Ithi Sri  Bhramavaivarththa Purane  Prakrithikhande Naradanarayana Samvadhe  Saraswathikavacham  Sampoornnam||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||